Friday Fun

iVillage Member
Friday Fun
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 6:57am

Whats on your list today?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:01am
*Let go of perfectionism (or in my case, let go of "but it doesn't look as good as everyone on the board!), and encourage yourself as your own best friend (or in my case, as anyone on the board would!)"

Hey - we aren't supposed to compare ourselves to others you know. Everyone has different goals, ideas, favorite techniques, etc. It's the THOUGHT and the memories that the final product kindles in your heart and mind that matter, not what will eventually be faded paper.

Plus, the creativity is a God-given gift, the enjoyment of peaceful quiet in reflection of things that made you happy is a good way to rejuvenate, reflect on the things that make you happy so you can practice it more. We are all unique, so we can't be compared.

(now, remind me of this in about a week please!)
Michelle
iVillage Member
In reply to: georapper
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:47am
I know. And I tell people that. And I mean it when I say it. LOL

You're 100% correct. And I will remind you. :smileyhappy:

&nb
iVillage Member
In reply to: kalea13
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:49am
Sounds like Stacy is making good time! She said the drive is going well, beautiful fall colors, rain has stopped. She has 300 miles to go...

Hmmm, I should maybe get gas today.
Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:31am
Hi!
Busy morning... back to work full time now. :smileysad: Boooooooooo!

Just wanted to stop in & say that I hope you all have a lovely weekend!!! xoxoxo
Jill
CL-Signature Showcase
Mom to Rossalyn (8/22/07) and Sean (12/29/08)
Resort manager, avid scrapbooker, and Disney World guru.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:31am

Good to know Stacy is safe! Karen, that's scary about that meningitis thing. Thinking of her and sending good thoughts! Julie, hope you get time to scrap!

MJ, hope you have a good accupressure appt.

Did I miss anyone?

Anyway, for me, doing some dishes, and scrapping pretty much the whole day, I think. I need to continue editing pictures too.  Probably some heat on my left cheek-I can feel a little bit of soreness, not too bad though! At this point though, I am going to take WAY better care of my teeth than I have been. I am not interested in the barbaric method of pulling a tooth out! I said that to dh and he said, Leave it to me to use that word, but I do think it's an accurate description! LOL

That's about it....

iVillage Member
In reply to: kalea13
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:41am

I had my last tooth pulled under twilight sleep and I can highly recommend that!  HOWEVER, I would not have been under twilight sleep if they had not been going to drill into my jawbone following the removal of the tooth.  I had 1 broken and 3 reasonably healthy wisdom teeth removed the "barbaric" way a long time ago and I remember thinking the dentist was trying to climb in to my mouth.  But I will say that after the broken tooth was removed that I pretty quickly felt SO MUCH better that I gladly went back to have the other 3 out.

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:30pm
Wow! That's great! Loving the beautiful fall colors myself. :smileyhappy:

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:31pm
Boooooooo! LOL Bet you're gonna rock the new season, though! you kick it, girl!

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:32pm
I'm glad the soreness isn't too bad. Barbaric, huh? You should seriously discuss with your dentist the playing of Donny Osmond music in the office. It makes ALL dental work substantially easier. :smileywink:

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:34pm
Dishes are done.

Six "I Spy" bottles done in two hours, plus more rice in the oven drying and more to be dried.

A few bottles started, and waiting for more rice to finish them.

Guys schedule has changed, so game day is slated for the afternoon.

Still need to start laundry ....

&nb