iVillage Member
Friday Fun
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 6:57am

Whats on your list today?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 6:58am
Well I am to leave for Des Moines in about an hour.

Like I figured af came last night. I am beyond miserable right now. Its going to be a long day.

Its been raining here since yesterday. Hopefully the rain doesn't give me too much trouble during the drive.

I won't be back to the board til after dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:58am

Hugs Stacy!  I hope AF doesn't give you any problems today.  Have a safe drive and I'll SEE YOU tomorrow!  EEEEeeeeEEEEeeee!!!!!

I am at work.  Girls don't have school today, so I just got up, dressed, and came in to work.  Need to make up some time for yesterday.  Hopefully the day will not seem too crazy long.  I finished up the other guy's manuals yesterday.  Today I need to make a list of outstanding documentation projects for Mrs. CF.  :smileyfrustrated::smileysad::smileytongue:  The good news is it is a prelude to getting some part-time, temporary assistance.

DH is taking the afternoon off (or working from home at least).  Em has a cross country meet this afternoon.  He will make sure Em gets up to the high school to catch the bus and supervise Sarah. 

There was leftover egg casserole from the team dinner last night so I think we are having that for supper.  The other option is chicken pot pie, but to make that happen, I need to stop at the grocery store. 

Tonight, I need to get my clothes packed, finish up packing my scrappy stuff, and get everything loaded in to the van.  I'd like to get up in the morning, get dressed, and be ready to go!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:17am

YAYYYYYYYY for Stacy on her way here! I'm sorry AF is such a trouble-maker, but I am glad you are coming. You can be miserable at home, or miserable with us making you smile and time away from household chores to rest. I'm hoping the books on tape are good!

Karen - your day sounds less hectic too. Yay for part-time temp assistance!

I am hanging out - was just cuddling with sweet Mira but need to get going! There is a lot on my list today, but it involves some baking and cooking, dusting & normal Friday straightening, finding a pile of old sheets for DH to cover the Mumms etc.  tomorrow night (low of 30), baking & cooking, and finishing packing.

I DO have an accupressure appointment later this morning, good after all the yardwork I've been doing lately :smileyhappy:.

This afternoon I'll pick up Natasha & Mira, pick up the wristlet I ordered for Natasha (she doesn't know yet), drop them at home, pick up Missy at the Airport (SQEEEEEeeeeeEEEEAAAAAaaAALLLLL!), hang out for awhile, wait for Stacy to get to town. Take Natasha to Marching band, hang out & eat with Missy & Stacy & the fam, and the football game.

Going to be an AWESOME weekend!

Michelle
iVillage Member
In reply to: georapper
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:52am
Slow deep breaths. I pray the rain will be soothing instead of troublesome, andthat the misery dissipates. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Enjoy your weekend! (that's an ORDER!)

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:55am
YEAAAA for assistance -- no matter HOW long it lasts.

and YEAAAA for leftovers!

Sounds like a good day!

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:59am
YEAAA for accupressure appointments! Heather has her first accuPUNCTURE appointment this afternoon. I'm curious to see what she thinks of it.

and YEAAAAAA for your fun company coming in! I believe it WILL be awesome!

have fun getting ready~

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:20am

Ugh.  Just heard a news report that has me scared.  MIL has been having severe back pain and is scheduled to have back surgery later this month.  I don't know what all has been done to date, but it is reasonable to think she might have had a steroid injection.  Now they are linking a deadly fungal meningitis to steriod injections given between July and early September for back pain.  I passed the info on to DH to talk to his mom about.  One good thing, she is someone who will know what has been done and/or will have no problem contacting her drs to find out more.  Now I just need to give the situation up to God.  At this point I am freaking over the possibilty that she would develop menigitis from an injection that I don't even know she was given.  Claiming Matthew 6:34:

34 “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.'

Ya.  Easier said than done.

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:21am

I got up just a little bit ago ... slept in some. 

Had some toast for breakfast.

Red and Cowboy are off today, and it's storming, so I'm hoping for a quiet game day. 

The guys have a chiro appointment this afternoon, and Ice Dancer is planning a mani/pedi and then her accupuncture appointment before going in to work later this afternoon, so I may get some scrappy time later as well.

Other than that, some light cleaning, and some laundry. 

I haven't done a lot of cleaning this week, and you can tell it!  That also means I haven't earned much additional scrappy time.  But with 2 hours left over from last week, and the four hours added in from the end of the work week, I have six hours.  Cleaning will add to that.  Laundry will add to it.  And it looks like I might get some time tomorrow morning since my presence at the officer training is no longer required.

I'm reading a book on writing called Bird by Bird by Ann LaMotte.  I found myself not only relating her advice to writing, but also to scrapbooking: 

*Do it daily.

*Keep assignments short.  (in scrapping, just pick out the papers this time, then cut the papers and stick them down next time, etc.)

*Write(/scrap) the crappy first draft.  (just don't stick it down yet ... it can always be changed)

*Let go of perfectionism (or in my case, let go of "but it doesn't look as good as everyone on the board!), and encourage yourself as your own best friend (or in my case, as anyone on the board would!)  :smileywink:

*Cure writer's(/scrapper's) block with school lunches.  (in other words, go to something completely unrelated, and let the memories unfold)

*Give it time.  Pay attention.  Let it develop like a Poloroid picture. 

So at least fifteen minutes a day is going to be a necessity from now on.  I'm kind of excited about what I'm learning about writing that can also be applied to scrapping, and how I hope it's going to help my new commitment to taking time out for scrapping and for myself.  :smileyhappy:

O.K., gonna get going and see what I can get done.  Have a great day, everyone!  {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:26am
It definitely Is easier said than done, but you can do it, and if she is armed with the information, she can be watching for symptoms, if that is a real concern (they did say in the news report the injections came from a very specific pharmacy in MA). Early diagnosis would HUGELY increase her chances of survival. My MIL has beaten meningitis twice ... the last time, only a few years ago when her health was so poor she shouldn't have stood a chance. I will hold her in prayer. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:55am
I heard that news report yesterday Karen - I would think now they will be tracing any and all injections from that source. I'm sorry to hear she is in so much pain that surgery is needed.
Michelle

Pages