So lost in the life of mom and wife

iVillage Member
So lost in the life of mom and wife
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:24am

I am the mother of a 3 month old baby girl and a son lost to Trisomy 13 Aug 1 2011.I am stuck at home while my so called husband is out till 4 am and i don't know what to do. I just need someone to talk to and help me make a chose to stay or leave him.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:13am

Hugs to you sweetie! That is such a hard place to be, especially with a newborn. Your hormones still haven't even gotten back to normal. I am so sorry to hear about your son. I can't even imagine that pain. I don't have any advice for you but I can be a great sounding board. 

Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:56pm

Welcome to the board!  It sounds like you're in a really tough situation.  Why is your husband out all night?  Is he willing to talk with you about what's going on?  This board has a great bunch of gals on it, and we're here for you to vent at or ask advice whenever you need it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:33am
I was wondering that too about DH. I can tell you my first year with oldest DS was really hard. DH was gone 14 hours a day working and was sleeping the rest of the time. We had no money so I felt trapped in the house with a newborn. After 8 months I couldn't take it and I got a job. Your hormones are still settling, newborns really aren't exciting and it can get really lonely. I found after the first year when they start getting mobile and can play with you it gets a lot more fun and interesting. I worked until DS#2 was 11 months and with 2 on the loose I was never bored, sometimes lonely but never bored.
Photobucket