Amanda Nicole-born 9/19 6:40pm 7 lbs 19 1/4 in.

iVillage Member
Amanda Nicole-born 9/19 6:40pm 7 lbs 19 1/4 in.
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:06am

Guess I need to share my birth story as well! lol

About 2am I got up to go to the bathroom, and I got a good 4 hr stretch so when I stood up I just thought I really had to pee. Literally had to crawl to the bathroom and left a trail of water as I went (haha). Since I was still half asleep I just thought I was peeing. So I went back to bed but 20 minutes later I had to go again! I still didnt even think about it being my water breaking. I had an OB appt at 930 that morning so I didnt say anything to DH about it but I did mention it to the dr. THANK GOD! He checked me and tested the fluid that was STILL trickling out and came back and said that it was amniotic fluid and I was about 2cm (this was like 10am) needless to say I got sent to L & D. Was only in triage for about 30-35 min. and was taking back to the delivery room. They checked me again and i was 4 cm. but they started petocin anyway. The contractions came fast and very painful. So I got the epi. and then things slowed down a lot. Around 2pm the nurse checked me again and told me that the dilating caused another bag of water to move down and thats why things were slowing down so she popped that bag and up'd the petocin again. Right back to fast and painful ( LOVE THAT EPI BUTTON LOL ) Then around like 630 I called her in and was like I feel lots and lots of pressure so she checked me again and I was fully dilated/effaced and she told me on the contraction you are gonna push. I was like OH BOY! It got real lol....so I pushed a couple times and her head came out and I gave one final HOORAH push and she was out and on my chest! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member

Congratulations!  Good thing you had a doctor's appointment that day!  I didn't know there could be more pockets of water.  They broke my water at the hospital and it was like a flood for the next hour, so I can't imagine all of that dripping at home.  Glad you and baby are healthy and everything went well.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:06am
Congratulations!!! Maybe we should start a Septober EC. ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 12:40pm
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! Welcome to the world, Amanda!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:43am
Too funny about thinking you were peeing. :smileyhappy: Congratulations, and welcome Amanda!
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:45am
Congratulations :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: