You know what???

iVillage Member
You know what???
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:05am

I just wanna be a normal hungry pregnant chick :smileyfrustrated:

My first problem is that I can only eat about half of what I normally do. I made 2 pieces of whole wheat toast and two eggs for breakfast, and I could only eat one egg and one piece of toast, and it didn't even taste that good, so I'm not enjoying what I am eating.

Second problem is that I can't eat sugar or any carb other that 100% whole wheat anymore... It's fall!! Hello! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spiced lattes from Starbucks, spiced cookies... I'm so bummed! I made tacos last night for dinner and had to have a "taco bowl" because I couldn't eat the stinkin' tortilla. 

I've only got 4 or 5 more weeks, so I shouldn't be griping about it too much, but ugh!

Okay, gripe and pitty party over!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:44am

I know, and this little guy's preferred placement is shifted up... squished against my sternum and in my ribs. So no matter what, or how little I eat, I have heartburn :/ 5 weeks.... 5 weeks.... 5 weeks...

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:45am

Wow... I'm a Debbie Downer today! Lol!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:38pm
Can I join your pity party? All I want is real dairy! It has now been just over a year since I found the root of all of my digestion issues (allergy not just a mere lactose intolorance which means that I have to completely avoid it or else). Today I did a pre-meditated stupid but sooooo enjoyed it - I had a small hot fudge sundae despite dh's pleas not to. I could only handle about half of it (soooo rich that my mouth protest, I am a great dairy dectector now). It tasted divine, just like I remember, but my mouth feels gross and fat covered. I have already started to pay and my tummy is quite clearly telling me that I have many more hours of pain to go.

This part of pg is so unfair - morning sickness is back, indigestion is rampid, heartburn and acid reflux are so common that I barely remember what it is like not to have it, not to mention anyone on dietary restrictions due to gd or other issues!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:45pm

Oh, you poor woman! I love my dairy! If I had to give that up, I'd be a mess! But I guess I wouldn't be if it caused me pain like that :smileysad: Can you eat yogurt, or is it seriously ALL dairy?

I just ate some blackberries and raspberries, and the heartburn is UNREAL! How? It's berries for cryin' out loud. I haven't gotten the morning sickness back, but my sense of smell is back full force. Makes me wonder if M/S is next.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:03pm
No yogurt, margerine, butter, milk, cream, cheese, etc. It is the protein in milk that my body doesn't like as well as the lactose. And milk protein or modified milk products are in almost everything!!! My body can tolerate small amounts that are found in pre-packaged foods (ie chicken nuggets or fish sticks) but that is about it. It probably doesn't even handle those very well but I can't cut out all of it because sometimes i need to grab something on the go.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:36pm

Wow, I would have never thought about chicken nuggets having milk in them! You poor, poor thing!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:15pm

I don't know if you can have honey, but this pumpkin bread (100% whole wheat) is to die for http://cookieandkate.com/2011/whole-wheat-pumpkin-bread/

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:01pm
(((Hugs))) I would be in the fetal position eternally if I couldn't have dairy. No lie.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:41am

I found some 100% dairy free mini chocolate chips at Target yesterday! I thought of you :smileywink: I have no idea what they were made with, but they looked really yummy!

Speaking of things found at the store... Ah! I found some sugar-free Pumpkin Spice creamer for my coffee (NOT as good as Starbuck's, but mighty tasty anyway), and some Yoplait Pumpkin Pie Light Yogurt... um........... I think I might be able to handle life again for a while :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:50am
elwing_6284 wrote:

I don't know if you can have honey, but this pumpkin bread (100% whole wheat) is to die for http://cookieandkate.com/2011/whole-wheat-pumpkin-bread/

Daaaaang, that looks good! I have all the ingredients (minus the millet), so I'll have to whip up a loaf! Thanks for the recipe! I can't really have the honey, but I can substitute Stevia in the Raw :smileywink: 

Pages