just need to hang on a few more weeks

iVillage Member
just need to hang on a few more weeks
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:31am

hey all

well im 32 +5 and im being treated for Obstetric Cholestasis (severe itching). my liver test results are raising by the week. they are ment to be below 40. they went from 50 to 74 in 6 days, then 74 to 99 in 6 days.  the itching is herendous. id love a cactus in the front room i could have a good scratch on!!

im on tablets to stop the itch but not really working. i have fetal monitoring twice a week and blood tests to check how high the liver tests are going.

they have said i will be induced around 37 weeks as the condition can be linked to still born babies.

although if my liver results keep raising at the level they are doing now (average 20 a week) then i might have to deliver at 34 weeks.

i had a scan done last week when i was 31+1 and they said the baby is measuring around 4lb 9. so is a nice healthy size. so im not to worried if i have to deliver early. i have another scan booked for when im 34 weeks.

i just have to keep telling myself this will all stop once he is here. just a few more weeks.......

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:41am

Oh, you poor thing! Just normal belly & boob itching drives me bonkers... can't imagine what you're going through :smileysad: Here's to hoping and praying that the #'s slow and that you're able to get some relief and carry that baby a little longer! Keep us posted!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:42pm
Wow, that sounds miserable! I am so sorry you are going through this. I had never heard of it before. Hope you can survive a bit longer!

Sounds like baby is growing good! I had a 34 weeker and he was 6 pounds and was only in the NICU for 36 hours, he was discharged the same day as me. So, hopefully all will be well with your little one when he makes his early appearance!

Will the itching go away immediately after delivery, or will it slowly subside?
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:14pm
Oh how awful! Well, hang in there and I hope it doesn't get any worse. Only a few more weeks! Keep us posted and we'll keep fingers crossed for the best.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:27am

hi momof5...

i dont know how long the itching will last. some people have said it goes away straight away. some others said it took a few days.  im hoping for instant relief lol.

im sick of feeling like i have fleas! and people looking at me like i must be a dirty tramp with all the itching!