Introducing myself

iVillage Member
Introducing myself
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:37am

I'm new to this board, but not new to WW. I'm 38 and trying to lose about 27 pounds (42 pounds is my personal goal, but a 27 pound loss would put me in a much healthier place). I was going to meetings, lost 8 pounds, but have pretty much regained it back. I am a stay-at-home mom to 15-month old twins, and I go to grad school part-time, Finding time to go to meetings is a challenge because I can't afford a lot of child care. There is a Saturday meeting in my area now, so I think I can swing that one since my husband is home on Saturday mornings.

I have a question. The last time I went to a meeting was in mid-September (last month). I'd like to go to a meeting this Saturday, but I want to start over. Would they let me start over with a new starting weight?  I have a montly pass - not sure if that makes a difference or not. I just want to start this program again with a clean slate and really commit to it this time.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you. I definitely could use the support. I'm very prone to emotional eating and stress eating. Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to lose this weight, but I'm trying to change that attitude. For my children's sake, I want to set a good example of healthy living (which includes a positive attitude and good self-esteem).

Have a great day!

Kate

Current weight: 172.2/Goal: 145

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 7:56am
kate424 wrote:

I'm new to this board, but not new to WW. I'm 38 and trying to lose about 27 pounds (42 pounds is my personal goal, but a 27 pound loss would put me in a much healthier place). I was going to meetings, lost 8 pounds, but have pretty much regained it back. 

I have a question. The last time I went to a meeting was in mid-September (last month). I'd like to go to a meeting this Saturday, but I want to start over. Would they let me start over with a new starting weight?  I have a montly pass - not sure if that makes a difference or not. I just want to start this program again with a clean slate and really commit to it this time.

welcome

Welcome to the  board. It's wonderful to see you posting here and I hope that you will stick around and post more often.

I'm not sure about starting over with a clean slate.  I am sure you can ask them.  But if you do online etools, I think it lets you start over.

BTW, do you have any idea what changed to make you regain the weight?  Was it because you quit going to meetings?