My Crazy Cleo.....

Community Leader
My Crazy Cleo.....
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:43am

This really isn't "funny"....but it's funny....LOL....

Those of us who have adopted furkids often don't know what they went through in their past life.  My Cleo has always been a little timid, like my ^Valentine^ but not as bad.  And certain things frighten her like the water hose, loud noises, etc.  One strange thing that frightens her is my ironing board.  Thankfully I don't iron much...our uniform shirts are knit and don't require ironing....so there's little ironing to be done on a regular basis.

Tomorrow we're having a Health Day at our VA Beach Studio so both DH and I will be wearing our button-down shirts.  They both needed ironing so I decided to do that this morning.  Since I know that Cleo is afraid of the ironing board instead of taking it into the Great Room I opened it up in the utility/laundry room, which is off the hallway and has a door. 

Once I opened it up and plugged in the iron I wanted to put Cleo out.  Well....she was nowhere to be found!  I kept calling for her and finally heard her tail banging on the upstairs walkway.  After much coaxing she finally came down but "slunk" past the utility room as if the ironing board was going to jump out and grab her......  I can't even imagine why she's so frightened....

Laura
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 2:13pm

I know what you mean --- our cats are afraid of people they don't know, and Dominic has decided that he doesn't know ANYONE except DH, me and the housecleaner (which is really odd since she uses that scary machine that he hids from --- the vacuum cleaner!! He totally disappears --- and some of these poeple he disappears from aren't strangers to us --- he just will NOT come out and meet them!

Community Leader
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 2:29pm

Cleo is a bit timid but she's actually pretty good about meeting new people.  I had a Social Committee meeting last week and she was fine with the women that attended.  My ^Valentine^ was terrified of everyone and everything....and we had her from a puppy...so I never understood her fear.

Laura