Frugal Holiday Gift Ideas

iVillage Member
Frugal Holiday Gift Ideas
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:07pm

I was looking around for frugal gift ideas since the holidays are right around the corner, and I can't be spending a lot of money this year.  I knit and crochet, so that can take care of some gifts.  I found a really cute idea for making magnetic marbles.  I think DS and DD would love to do that for teacher gifts (maybe).  It looks like a fun little project, too.

What are some of your best frugal gift ideas?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-09-2012 - 11:56am

Some of my favorite gifts to give that are inexpensive:

• Books Board Games Scrapbook Albums or DVDs (these are even fun to make as a family)
  • Flannel Sheets/Jammies (these are super inexpensive at this time of year)
  • Family Recipe Books (this was a huge hit one year, one book full of everyone's favorite family recipes from grandma, mom, aunts, cousins, etc.)
  • A new mug with a set of teas or hot cocoa

I had to edit this because the quick reply smooshed my paragraphs together. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-09-2012 - 11:38am

I love Pier One.  I need to remember to visit more often because their sales really are great for stocking up on gifts.

I made a few of these little crowns over the last couple weeks.  Now that I know what I'm doing and tweaked the pattern a bit, I think I'm going to give these to all the little girls in the family this year.  They take no time at all, and I can probably get about 5 crowns out of a single skein of yarn.  It's a good thing, too.  I have a ton of sparkle yarn that I bought on sale last year. :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 9:11pm

At the end of last season I bought 25 candles at Pier One when they were 75% off to cover office staff at the schools, Girls Scout leaders etc. I am hoping for some great deals on Black Friday.