Feeling a bit devilish

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Feeling a bit devilish
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:44pm

OK, I know I'm being bad here, and I doubt I could follow through, but I'm tempted.

I'm tempted to find out the gender at Monday's ultrasound and not tell him.  I doubt I could keep it to myself.  But if I slipped and used a gender specific pronoun, he wouldn't notice.  I tend to kinda alternate with them depending on how I'm feeling at the time...so he wouldn't think anything of it.  I'm not sure I'll even tell anyone else we're getting the extra ultrasound unless there are problems discovered during it...so it might be fairly easy to keep from telling anyone else.

I guess I'm just stuck waiting all weekend and needed a happier side of things to obsess over instead of any possible problems.

WDYT?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:20pm

I think that's an awesome idea, lol! It would serve him right! Heeeeheeee! But yeah, if you're like me, it wouldn't last long :smileyvery-happy:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:21pm
Hehe - you made it so far to find out now but I wouldn't blame you especially considering the naming situation you have found yourself in.

I would suggest making up your mind before you go in or you are likely to give in and ask, whether you want to know or not.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:05pm

That sounds like something I would do if my DH had made the comment yours did. I would also tell him that I knew but he had to wait the 5 or so more weeks to find out. I really hope that everything turns out ok with the intestines, wasn't it. My DH and I weren't really planning on finding out the sex of our baby at our U/S until the tech had found the previa and I decided I really needed some good news that day.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:55pm
I COULD NOT handle not knowing if there was ANY way I could know. I'm just lucky that my husband is the same way! We don't much care for surprises!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:35pm
I never had any guilt about checking out my presents as a kid. My parents started hiding them at the neighbors house!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012