2nd ultrasound...the "real" one

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
2nd ultrasound...the "real" one
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:11pm

Well...so glad I had the "practice" one with the fun students and personable physician two weeks ago!

The room orientation wasn't very patient-friendly, and I couldn't see the screen during the u/s at all. I asked if I could watch and was told that they needed to see what they were doing, so it wasn't really possible for me to watch, too. They did tilt the screen to let me see a bit at the end, but that was it. A few times, I had to ask the tech to ease up on the pressure, because she was pressing down so hard it hurt. At any rate, hubby and I thought the techs were very unfriendly and treated me much like a machine that enabled them to do their job. The picture they gave us wasn't so great, either. But baby is doing very well and everything looked terrific, they said. I may be measuring a week ahead, which was also a possibility brought up with the last screen. But the doctor who did the u/s two weeks ago said he wasn't certain, so he probably would put my due date around the 20th (the date from LMP was the 19th). I think, as I did before, we're looking at April sometime, LOL!

I'm just glad I had the fun, personable u/s experience first, and got a great picture from it!

Wondering, though...has anyone else ever had an ultrasound where they didn't let you watch?

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 7:40pm
My perinatologist office is set up where you can't see the screen like that. The techs are usually really nice though and tell me what's going on when I can't see and frequently turn the screen for me to see . Hope your next u/s goes better