Diaper Duty

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Diaper Duty
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:24pm

What are your thoughts on diapering? Cloth, diaper liners or disposable? Diaper service?

iVillage Member
In reply to: compyquin
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:45am

No, I don't use diaper liners.  I typically start out with the pre-fold cloth diapers and cover when they're little (similar to this, though mine are the Indian cotton):

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12737926&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab

and then once they get a little bit bigger and dh diapers them more, lol, I have these:

http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/one-size-goodnight-heavy-wetter/

The only reason I don't start with the heavy wetter is because they're bulky.  Ds was an extreme pee'er and had to have both inserts in the diaper all the time.  He finally got to the point of peeing through those and is now back to disposables, but is starting to potty train.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:51pm

We are using disposables for DD and will continue to do so for this baby.  Mostly for the reasons stated already.....I just don't have the energy or desire to keep up with cloth (namely the extra loads of laundry).  I already have trouble keeping up with mine and DD's laundry needs, let alone to add more to the mix.

Not to mention that we've cut expenses/waste in other areas (we breastfeed and make our own baby food) and this wasn't one of those things we were willing to take the "cheap route" on.  Honestly haven't researched it, just figured disposables worked better for our family....so that's what we did/do.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:01pm
we use disosables for my oldest but he is almost completely potty trained and we are considering cloth for this baby since it would be so much cheaper.
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:56am

We will use disposables.  We like target brand for my DS.  I have trouble working almost full time, taking care of the family and keeping up with laundry already.  I couldn't add everal more loads of laundry in the mix!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:29am

I do both.  When baby is first born, I use disposables until the meconium passes.  Then I typically use them only for travel. For cloth, I've used thirsties, bum geniums and kawaii baby.  The kawaii baby all in ones are easier on my hubby then the prefolds.  I pre-rinse them, and drop them in my diaper bucket (mine is a tall plastic wrapping paper holder).  I do not soak mine.  I end up doing a load of them every other day.  I do hang them on the line when the weather (and children) cooperate, lol.  There are definitely pros and cons to both.  And it really does come down to what works best for you and your family.

Photobucket