32 week Appt

iVillage Member
32 week Appt
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:41pm

All is well.  SHE TURNED HEAD DOWN!!! He really doesn't feel like she'll move again, so we're in good shape. He said she feels "bigger than average."  I'll have an u/s in a few weeks. 

We also had a really honest conversation about the fact that I have a limited window for help AND my help has to drive 8 hours to get here.  We have decided that we will (at the very least) break my water on November 19th if I haven't gone into labor before hand.  I'm really comfortable with this date and this plan at this point.  We were actually hoping for the 15-16, but whatever.  DH has that entire week off of work and the plan will allow my MIL to get down here leisurely. 

So, if this little girl hasn't arrived before hand - she'll be here on the 19th!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:10pm
YAY!!! I bet that is why you were in such agony the other night. 32 weeks was about the last time my guy decided to make his daily transverse to vertex turn and it hurt like crazy! He still turns in some awkward positions but his head seems to be staying engaged. I hope she shows up when you want her to!

Btw - did you decide to go with a midwife or did your dh finally come around and decide to give you the support you will need?
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:46pm

NICE!!! I'm so glad she's head down! I know that's a relief! And it's so nice to actually have a date. My doctor won't set up my induction until 2 weeks before hand, so I guess I need to start pushing him for a date in 3 weeks :smileyvery-happy:

I'm glad you had a great appointment!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:42pm

I am so glad she finally decided to turn head down. YAY for your doc letting you deliver when you will actually have someone around to help as well. I am guessing DH finally came around?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:46pm
DH is doing better about the whole deal. I started getting some of the baby gear out and obvious. He's been more participatory since then. We talked in length last week about the situation he's in at work and why he was so nervous about her coming on/around/after her due date. He just won't be able to take the time off. I think today took some weight off of his shoulders!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:55pm
Woohoo! Must feel nice to have a plan in place.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:40pm
It is a good feeling. Now, just watch her show up a week ahead of that!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:19pm
Yay for her turning head down! And also for you having a plan in place! Hopefully everything goes right along with that plan, and you'll have all the help you need!

Not to hijack your post, but I'm glad you posted this, because it gives me a little more confidence about talking to my dr. about us being in the same situation for the delivery. Maybe they'll be willing to help move things along too. Crossing my fingers!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:28pm
That is awesome you have a date. I am sorry you don't have anyone local that would be able to help you. My dr keeps telling me that this LO is measuring big, but there has been no mention of an u/s to check. Hang in there :smileyhappy:
Photobucket