Rushed doctors appt

iVillage Member
Rushed doctors appt
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:00pm

I had my doctors apt 2 days ago at 26 weeks 6 days for GD test and monthly OB apt. I had to wait 10 min just to get called back for GD test, then waited another 30 before getting called back for monthly apt. Then, we had to another 20 on the doctor to come in. The nurse took a urine sample, checked my weight and blood pressure. When the doctor came in all she did was check the heart rate and ask if we had any questions. She didn't even measure my stomach!

I did schedule the whopping cough vaccine at my next visit on October 25 (at 30 weeks)- my doctor wanted me on even numbers, so I can start going every two weeks after that up to 36 weeks then every week until the end. DH is also going to get the vaccine since it helps protect us and the baby (the baby isn't protected/can't get the vaccine until they are 2 months old).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Community Leader
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 5:33am

I'm gonna schedule for whoopin cough vaccine too, can't get it til 28 weeks and I have an appt with midwife then so will make it for same time. Got my flu shot this week too

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:11am
I got mines last year at the hospital after I gave birth so I will do that again this year
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:46am
i got my flu shot on friday; they haven't mentioned the whooping cough shot yet.

sorry you had to wait around so long!

with all the ultrasounds (5 so far), they haven't measured my stomach even once! i'm sure that'll start happening soon, though, since i'm likely out of peeks at this little one til he's on the outside!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013