Why would a man be this cruel

iVillage Member
Why would a man be this cruel
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:56pm

A man a work has been attracted to me for awhile. He has never spoken to me, but definately interested in me. We don't have any reason to interact just see each other around he office. I am very shy and guarded, so for me flirting is extremely difficult. So, I haven't really recipricated in the flirting depatment. Well, in the matter of two days timehe has gone from not being able to keep his eyes off of me to being very cruel. He was talking loud enough to make sure I heard him. He has a date (which is fine) but was saying how negative I am and how incompatable we would be. His friend said what a shame it was I'm a cute girl, we would just be so incompatable. Why would someone say that loud enough for that person to hear them. I guess I'm glad that it didn't go anywhere. Is he just that big a jerk?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:45pm

Maybe he got on the defensive because you weren't flirting back w/ him so he then assumed that you didn't like him, so he covered up his hurt feelings by pretending that you were incompatibe & he didn't like you anyway.  It doesn't make what he did right though.

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 4:45pm

This reads like "Sour Grapes" to me.  IMO He is also shy and inexperienced so his feelings are hurt easily.

Goldfish