my son started head starte..i dont click with anyone

iVillage Member
my son started head starte..i dont click with anyone
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 8:10am
My little Guy started school..headstarte ..I don't click or realty get along with any of the other. Moms..one is. ..well a seffish self serving you know what..why can't I get along with them..I have friends 200 miles away..
iVillage Member

((((hugs))))   to you !!!   Change is so hard... not only on your Little Guy (how old?) but also for you !  Those first couple of weeks of meeting a new group-- it's so ackward, as everyone is trying (and probably have the same feelings) as you do.  Keep trying to connect and I promise that you will find another mom there that needs the same support....   People are funny, as they don't want to seem vulnerable....   especially as their child moves forward....  I know that in my DD's kprep class... it was WEEKS before I actually found a mom that wanted to grab a cup of coffee afterwards...  we'd all say hello and smile... but then scatter like mice once are kids were in the classroom.  So-- don't be afraid...     I can also empathize with you and having your friends so far away.  I'm feeling the like kiss of friendship right now as 3 very close friends of mine here have moved to other states and here I am left ....  and having to start the process of "finding mommy" friends again....  but I know how important it is to have someone close by, so I am going to keep trying !!!

Lean on us for support !!!

Photobucket