After much deliberation...

iVillage Member
After much deliberation...
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 12:20pm

I have decided to go back to my old job, even though the money is only slightly more than minimum wage.  I just can't sit at home anymore!  I still have lots of applications out there, and I am still working on finding something different, but my situation is that any job I get now will most likely be just a temporary (less than a year)  part time job.  I go in to fill out the paperwork Tuesday.  Even in retail, I know that I can find a job that will pay better, but I guess I am just doing what will feel most comfortable at this point in my life.  I am almost mad at myself for taking the easy way out, but I have a promising future ahead of me and can't let the slump I am in right now add to the stress.

ON the plus side, I do have an appointment to check out a very good grad school ext weekend, so I am starting to look ahead a bit.  And if one of the other applications I have out there for something more relevant to my life happens to pan out, I know that everybody at my old job will understand and wish me well.  And if they don't yet, they will...and at least I will be able to take advantage of a fantastic discount for some things the family is needing.

Heather

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:45pm
Sometimes we make choices for the right reasons....I think you did what you had to do...for now....Keep looking on the side.GOOD LUCK!

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 1:53pm
Great news! Go Heather go!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 1:47pm

I think you are being too hard on yourself. You want to get out there and work - that is commendable! I think the 'easy way out' would be to just stay home. And do nothing except surf the internet or watch tv. :smileyhappy:

You have those applications out there and if/when the time is right, they will call you. But like you said, this is just temporary right now anyway.

Stock up w/your discount while you can, lol.

Dee