Up-dates

iVillage Member
Up-dates
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 4:28pm

Hello everyone,any new up-dates,problems or successes?

Any new methods tried?

I wish everyone a pleasant thanksgiving.

clmac

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: mac179
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 12:13pm

Hello Kristy,I am sorry for being so long.

This sounds great,it is normal for it to happen more at home than out,but any initiation by themselves is a great leap forward.

Are you using plastic pants over the underwear?

Thank you for the up-date.

clmac

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 12:19pm

That's understandable Sara,no sense in confusing him by going back and forth when no one is able to commit full time.

Please keep us up-dated on him.

clmac

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 12:32pm

All kids will say no when you ask them almost anything,this is no problem.

Try using the kitchen timer,or set some other form of timer that you can set for two or three hour,and when it goes off,race him to the potty,(he basically always wins.)if he sits and go'es,give him a small toy(you can pick up some small toy's cheap at a dollar store or flea market,and keep them in the bathroom just out of reach.)

When he gets better at going on his own,you can normally forget to give him his prize,until they are all gone.

Don't worry to much about the food prize so long as it is like vitamins or normal healthy stuff,it can't harm him like sugar candies.

Please keep us up-dated on how things go.

clmac

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 12:44pm

This does sound promising,yes,as there is no night time training realistically,anything you can do to help her sleep(and you to)works.

Next time you take her shopping,be sure to take her to the clothing isle and point out the "big girl panties"(Thicker cloth training panties)and let her know that when she is better at going potty,she will be able to wear these instead of diapers.

I am sorry Akhtarsa,sometimes my head does no work right,and this is one of them,I can't remember if you use plastic panties over her diaper or not?if not,I would recommend them for the training pants.

Thank you for the up-date.

clmac

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 1:50pm
We have some big girl panties already and I'll probably whip those out soon around the house. The naked method isn't great for us.. Last time I tried it she just peed wherever but asked me for help when she had on her cloth diaps and pants. We had a phenomenal morning. She peed in the potty in the morning, then again before we left the house and again when we got home. In between she kept her diaper completely dry! I'm so glad I introduced the potty early. She is very comfortable with it and lately actually prefers it. It's like a switch flipped and she started holding it longer and waiting/asking for the potty. I hope we can build on this momentum :-)
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 5:15pm

sounds like you may be well on the way to no more diapers(at least for now)lol

Please keep us up-dated.

clmac

Pages