Conversion pieces for bottles... do they exist?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Conversion pieces for bottles... do they exist?
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 4:50pm
You know how when you were pregnant and all the stores and conventions were giving out all those nice free bottles? Well, I have 10 of those suckers sitting on my kitchen counter (I just recently found them) and figured I'd put them to use with my EPing. That being said, I use a Medela Freestyle Pump and the bottles I have are 4 Nuks, 4 Avents, and 2 Playtex Drop-Ins. Has anyone been able to successfully find a converter for breast pump to one of these 3 types of bottles? I mean, I could just dump the supply into one of them, but that kinda defeats the point as I'd have to use another bottle anyway. I have a converter, but didn't realize it's only for Tommee Tippers. Ugh! I found this but I don't know if it works for the smaller nozzle breast pumps: http://www.breastpumpsdirect.com/Avent_Breast_Pump_Conversion_Kit_p/245.htm I was so spoiled thinking things were universal because I have a mix of Medela/Gerber/Lansinoh bottles and they are pretty interchangeable when it comes to attaching them to my pump. TLDR: I want to find a converter for Nuk/Avent/Playtex bottles that work with my Medela Freestyle so I can attach the bottles to the pump.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 7:37pm
Have you tried the nuk directly on them? I can use nuk, and medela botthes on my ameda pump. Avent does make a converter - It's not distributed in canada though, so I haven't tried it. I pump into the tall gerber bottles so I don't have to switch out mid pump
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 5:40am
I'm not sure I've ever heard of a converter at all. I just keep my spare Nuk bottles as back up.
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers