size 00 clothes?

iVillage Member
size 00 clothes?
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 6:36pm

Hi all, I'm coming out of mostly lurkdom with a question about finding clothes.

My DD is a US size 00.   She's the width of an 8yo and the height of a 13yo.    Here in Australia, we have only two stores (which I know of) which make affordable fashion size 00 clothes.   One of them tends to have items which are a bit too sexy and the other can be a bit too cocktailish.   So, I've decided to look online in the US for stuff which fits her....but it's difficult to find teen fashion among the adult things online.

Can anyone recommend brands which do size 00 in teen style?   I'm particularly looking for day wear.

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to keep sewing.  She wants a 1950's style dress at present, so I have to draft a pattern....

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 4:01am

Thanks so much ekmama.  I haven't heard of any of those brands, so now now I've got somewhere to aim my searches.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:07am

How does your kid's sizing work?     For us, a child's 14/16 reflects their age....so the clothes would be far too wide for my DD.  

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:05am
I'm with ekmama on my opinion of Hollister. I only have boys and, besides a brief stint where oldest ds dated a 'Hollister girl' they never had interest in the clothing. I did go in there a few times during his Hollister phase. I have a friend whose dd (B) and friend (K) went to apply at Hollister when they were 17 or 18. B is on the stocky side - not overweight but not the typical Hollister size 0 (and I'm not dissing anyone whose dd happens to naturally be tiny). K was smaller. When the girls went to apply they gave an app to K but told B that 'she wasn't the type they were looking for as an employee'. Boy was my friend ticked as her dd had struggled from the time she was about 12 with self esteem issues/depression. She went in and let the manager have it. Not that it probably did any good but after hearing that I vowed not to shop there again.
Pam
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 12:30pm
My eldest daughter was small (still is 20 years old, 5'0" & 100#). When she reached 14 years old she was determined to stop shopping in the little girl department! She searched the mall for hours after Christmas (gift card burning a hole in her pocket) to find the perfect pair of jeans. PacSun starts at size 00. I'm not sure how affordable or modest they are *these* days but... I was always satisfied with her choices.