Getting weird phone call.

iVillage Member
Getting weird phone call.
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 9:11pm
When dh brought my Mazda in '07, the load was thru Wells Fargo & in DH's name alone {loan was 48 months, the payments were $177 & we were paying $200} so after I lost my job & took my pension money, we finished paying it off. So I've legally owned my car since Jan '11 & its now in my name alone.

Ok so in the last 4 or 5 months I've been getting these weird phone calls from some collection company, teir telling me I'm 6 months behind in my car payments & their coming to repo my car. I'm like WTH? I've politely explained that no I'm not & I've paid off my loan. {Remember the loan was in dh's name, not mine} that they have the wrong party. After about 3 or 4 of these calls I've gotten mad & told them you go ahead & try to repo my car, because 1. I will have them arrested for grand theif 2. That I am armed & I will not be worried about pulling a gun on them while I'm waiting for the police. I've called the cops here in my town & they told me that repo companies have to notify them that their repoing a car {I've proved to the cops that the car is legally MINE, so they know what's going on} not sure what else to do. Any ideas ladies?
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 10:08pm
I had someone show up at my work with a subpeona about a car I supposedly bought but never made any payments on, come to find out I was the only other person with the same name as this person they were looking for. Different ssn and everything! If the loan was in dh's name, why would they be calling you anyways? You or dh never did a title loan on the vehicle or anything like that?
Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:59am

Wow, that's really wierd.  Can you contact Wells Fargo and have them check the loan on their end, and/or have them look to see if they have any other customer with a similar name to either yours or dh's?  Also, I'd call the collection agency and speak with the highest up person you can speak to, and give enough info to clear your name.  It's hard to get rid of them though...we still get calls for dh's ex-DIL and her financial shenanigans, and his son and ex have been divorced for...oh...forever now.  (She even used my dad's name...not even remotely related...as a contact.  Talk about pissing me off!)

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:32pm

That's very interesting.  My house loan was through Wells Fargo and they repo'd my house months ago and have sold it like two or three months ago.  I get a letter about every other day from Wells Fargo telling me they can help me stay in my house. 

I know Wells Fargo took a loss but it was a loss on the interest on my loan. So they could send me a bill for the rest but my lawyer says not to worry.  I wonder every single time I get that letter if I can sue for psychological torture.  LOL! 

You can call Wells Fargo and talk to them and make sure that it isn't you they really want.  Good luck with that.  I call them once a week to tell them they already have my house and to stop sending me letters to stay in a house they have sold.

siggy line