Emergency call

iVillage Member
Emergency call
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:32am

Yesterday morning around 5 am DD called and asked if I could come over and watch the kids. Her DH woke up around 4 and was having an allergic reaction to something.  He had taken a benedryl and it wasn't helping.  His body had started to swell and he couldn't breathe too well.

I had taken a medicine to try to block the pain and it leaves me woozy for over 12 hours.  I couldn't drive.  So DS and R were able to go over.  There was a family event planned and the grands, being kids, were upset.  So later in the day DS & R took the oldest five to a movie.  It is a new kids movie.  They all enjoyed it.

My first day of work was on Friday.  The man in  charge of this division was there and he asked me if I wanted to come back next year.  This was one of the days I had to get up at 5 to leave at 7 to arrive at 9. 

R leaves on Tues. for Las Vegas and then CA.  Her sister gave her a ticket for her birthday.  She'll be there for six weeks.  I only work two days next week and I go back to my neurologist as well.  I'll get the result of the ultra sound.

Have a great day and stay safe.

K

Karen
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:41am

hope he is ok. i have landed in the hospital several times with reactions like that, it's no fun and very scary.

Photobucket