I Love NFL Football

iVillage Member
I Love NFL Football
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 3:33pm

Thought I'd start a postive discussion.  Too much talk about depression recently, but I hear ya sista's I'm right there with you but for some different reasons rather than  no man - although that's always part of it.

But anyway was out grocery shopping and came home and turned on the Eagles game.  My favorite announcers Troy Aikman and Joe Buck are on.  I'm having some leftover salmon and some wine and am thinking this is great.

Could have gone out to a meetup but am comfortable at home with my wine and own food.

Am also happy that I root for 2 team Bills - my hometown team and Eagles my other home town.

One day I will make it out to the Philadelphia Bills Backers.  Has been on my agenda for a while now - no GF's that are into football, I never can quite make a plan. 

Also kind of amused that I always say in Philly football season doesn't start for me until the weather turns - that's today!!

2 other things for the depressed among us, have you ever tried the supplement St. John's Wort?  I've had some success with that - too chicken to go to the Doc.  Also some of that was probably perio menopausal.  Wish they would tell woman to be on the lookout after 45.

Also alcohol is a huge depressant.  I know that when I drink more than on the weekend I start to feel depressed.  And I don't feel I'm a big drinker, 2 is my limit when I'm out but a lot of times at home I'm doing a food and wine pairing.  Once the bottle is open  I'm having a glass everyday until it's gone.  Something to keep in mind.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 4:07pm

So do I!!   And how 'bout the Steelers?   :smileywink:   

I love football too but have been so lax in the past couple years b/c I just dont have anyone to share it with.   Ever so much more fun when you have some you really like, who is close to you, that you can talk debate it without feeling nasty!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 7:41pm

Honestly I dont like football but I love baseball and Hockey so if any guy wants to talk sports I can talk baseball and HOckey (lol)...

I feel  more depressed now since its cold and my sinuses hurt and there is something sad about being without a partner now that the holidays are coming around..

I never have tried St.Johns Wort but I heard sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.. what works okay is Vit.D and sunshine and exercise..

Today I wished that someone truly cared about me besides God.. you know someone who  called and gave a rat's ass or took you to doctor when you had to go or just helped with this or that.. Yesterday I wasnt feeling well and I had to drive to grocery store alone in my car and get something. Those are the times I miss having a nice loving SO............My family could care less about what happens so I cry alot..

I keep wondering why we are all alone.and fighting these fights alone.. Life isnt fair but atleast its easier with someone else..

Isnt that why God made Eve for Adam????

so much for not being depressed

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 7:52pm
I'm really not into sports, so I can't relate! I'd rather be playing, not watching, and I'm horribly uncoordinated so no one ever let me play.

I actually got quite a bit done today, even though I feel awful. Stupid sinuses. I will never understand how I can produce so much snot. I swear I could have filled a child's pool with what has come out of my head today.

I did get bedding washed (although the beds aren't put back together yet) and started making my Halloween costume. It's already frustrating me! I had to go back for more fabric and I still didn't get enough. I'm really afraid it's not going to fit right when it's done, but I made it off the largest size so it has to.

I think I'm just going to lay on the couch for the rest of the night. I want to get up and do things, but I need to feel better by tomorrow.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:05pm

wow shy.. My sinus are killing me and my head is too.. I am doing netty pot and saline and everything and I wish that stuff was coming out like yours (tmi) I Know.. I probably need antibiotics and I dont want to take pills.. I havent had a sinus infection in years but this year looks bad..

I hate taking sinus meds because they dont work....

I would give anything not to have a sinus allergy thingy......It seems the ragweed is out there also..

hope you feel better..me too and lets plan on it as I will have to make a visit to stupid clinic.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:26pm

I'm also a huge football fan--NE Patriots, since I live near Boston.  My 1st DH was a sports fan & we used to enjoy watching sports together esp before the kids were born & we didn't have distractions.  My 2nd DH was an enormous PITA about sports--for some unknown reason, he was a Green Bay Packers fan even though he never had an ties there--guess he just liked Bret Favre.  His brother was a season ticket holder to the Patriots.  But it wasn't enough that he was a GBP fan (although he never watched a game all the time we lived together so how much of a fan could he be?) he had to annoy me & my DD when we were trying to watch the Pats--she'd watch in her room and I just gave up watching because he made it so annoying.  Now that he's gone I watch all the games by myself unless my DD is home--last week we were texting each other during the game.  My best friend is also a huge football fan.  I would have thought that I could find another sports fan guy who'd be happy to find a sports fan woman but so far it hasn't seemed to help.  It's funny cause I have a couple of married GFs who are football season ticket holders with their DHs so there are some guys who like that.

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:55pm
Free- last time I had a sinus infection, my doctor told me to hold off on using the sinus wash until it cleared because it can push bacteria back into your sinus cavities and make it worse. I've always used it before to help me breathe when I'm stuffy, but it never really lasts long. At this point I'm still draining and it's mostly clear, so hopefully it'll clear up soon.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:03pm

oh; that makes sense. I might have to get antibiotics then...

so yours just drain on its own..? Mine are draining some but not much.

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:32pm
I take Zyrtec d and mucinex, plus I have two nasal sprays. I just took some cold medicine so I can sleep. It'll wear off around 2am and I'll wake up unable to breathe again.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:58am

Oh; Okay;; I think I have to go back to using probiotics.. Do you take that? I might just do yogurt or find something I can drink..  are you feeling better.

Have you heard of emotional freedom technique? Its tapping on energy parts of the body. I swear when I do that all the stuff in me opens up and I feel better. I did it yesterday and I had energy and my sinuses were draining.. I was feeling better and I actually felt motivated and was cleaning my closet. I log onto utube and type in what ails me and EFT and videos come up of demonstrations of people doing the tapping. I just follow along.. I know it sounds kooky but it seems to work.

I also do it and I went right to sleep..

feel better

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:11am

Yeah Music, 

That's the story of my life trying to find a guy that likes the same sports I do.  You would think in Philly that would be easy but there is such a cross mix of people from NYC that you never know what team they're rooting for.  Also a singles group that used to exist would always have a Super Bowl party inevitably I sat next to probably the one guy there that knew nothing about football - great!!

But based on your experience with your ex I'm kind of happy to watch alone.  Even the late game last night with Chargers and Saints was great.  Drew Brees - class act.

Pages