I Love NFL Football

iVillage Member
I Love NFL Football
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 3:33pm

Thought I'd start a postive discussion.  Too much talk about depression recently, but I hear ya sista's I'm right there with you but for some different reasons rather than  no man - although that's always part of it.

But anyway was out grocery shopping and came home and turned on the Eagles game.  My favorite announcers Troy Aikman and Joe Buck are on.  I'm having some leftover salmon and some wine and am thinking this is great.

Could have gone out to a meetup but am comfortable at home with my wine and own food.

Am also happy that I root for 2 team Bills - my hometown team and Eagles my other home town.

One day I will make it out to the Philadelphia Bills Backers.  Has been on my agenda for a while now - no GF's that are into football, I never can quite make a plan. 

Also kind of amused that I always say in Philly football season doesn't start for me until the weather turns - that's today!!

2 other things for the depressed among us, have you ever tried the supplement St. John's Wort?  I've had some success with that - too chicken to go to the Doc.  Also some of that was probably perio menopausal.  Wish they would tell woman to be on the lookout after 45.

Also alcohol is a huge depressant.  I know that when I drink more than on the weekend I start to feel depressed.  And I don't feel I'm a big drinker, 2 is my limit when I'm out but a lot of times at home I'm doing a food and wine pairing.  Once the bottle is open  I'm having a glass everyday until it's gone.  Something to keep in mind.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 2:59am
women who are into football = instant marriage material
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:07pm

XVladx,

Wouldn't that depend on the guy? My hubby has no interest in sport, and I am ok with that. My mom watched any kind of sport that came up on tv including bowling.

I have been happy for not watching sports for the last 30 years :D

Pages