I need help please

iVillage Member
I need help please
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 4:39pm

I was involved in a car accident recently... One day before I was going to renew my auto insurance (yeah, just my luck!). The officer put me at fault (which is not the case and I have to fight it in court), so I am having to face paying out of pocket for my own repairs, I have to still make car payments because my car is currently being financed, and god forbid, if the other person is found not guilty I will have to pay for their repairs. Mind you, that car is a Porsche. I am a single mom who is living paycheck to paycheck which is why I fell behind on my auto ins in the 1st place. Would anyone have some insight as to what I can do or know something that I may not know? I really need a car in order to get around here in FL and I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Thanks!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:01pm
Sorry to hear about that, what terrible luck!

I'm in Canada so I can't help you out. But regardless, you really should consult a lawyer immediately. You are going to need one for court anyway. Are there any legal aid lawyers in FL that could help you?

Good luck,
Dee
Community Leader
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 5:04pm
Boy, laws vary state by state and a lot of variables in your situation.

I think your obstacles are something you will need to address with someone in Florida. The scenario you proposed would look very different here in Oregon.

Good luck with everything.

Serenity