The band parent newsletter came home. So did the first fundraiser...

Community Leader
The band parent newsletter came home. So did the first fundraiser...
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 7:27pm

I guess they decided that 7th grade parents need to be sucked into the world of the HS band.  We are now getting the newsletter.  I'm kinda overwhelmed by it all! I don't know how the kids keep it straight. 

The 7th grade was also given the option to participate in the fall fruit sale to add money to their travel account.  I don't know what trips are in store, but I know they band has been to the Rose Parade, Macy's, Disney, & something in Hawaii. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member

That's a nice option--to have fundraising for younger students count for a future trip!  My dd is in 10th grade band--so last year they were trying to plan a trip to Anaheim.  Unfortunately not enough students could commit to doing (paying for) the trip!  

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

Community Leader
Sounds like our HS band. It never, ever ends. THey are heading to New York this year, ds does not want to go. THey have done Germany and Austria, the Fiesta Bowl, Hawaii and Disney prior years. Dd never went, the prices were outrageous!

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!