Pack Hike, Park Clean, and two quick den meetings all squished into 2 hours & 15 minutes.

iVillage Member
Pack Hike, Park Clean, and two quick den meetings all squished into 2 hours & 15 minutes.
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:01pm

We took an hour hike through a nature preserve, cleaned trash in a field, had snack and then I worked with the new Tigers and the Wolf den that still does not have a leader. 

The Tigers have a few parents who are go getters.  If we can keep them interested then we have potential for pack leaders, maybe??? We have the next 5 meetings assigned.  I'm hoping at that point that someone will be ready to really run with them.  The two who said they would be leaders have not trained / completed the application. 

I give up on the wolf den.  Only one of the 9 showed from the struggling den.  I think when push comes to shove there will be 4 scouts that *might* stick with it. I sent an email to them all telling them that someone needs to run the next meeting and what the topic is.  If no one takes it I might do it, but then I am done.  If the parents don't care to take on more they can still participate with the pack and do den work at home, they can transfer to another Pack, or they can drop. 

I don't want to end on a negative note...my kid had fun and my big kid was trying to be a role model and assist with the younger kids.  He lined them up and tried to run the clean-up.  He also helped with the wolf den meeting. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
It's so fun watching the older ones being successful as leaders and learning how to be in charge of some small aspects. I'm seeing that too! Doesn't it make mom feel proud!
iVillage Member
It does make me proud :smileyhappy:
Photobucket