Maternity clothes.....ugh

iVillage Member
Maternity clothes.....ugh
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:39pm
Too pricey, not in stores, horizontal stripes. Thank goodness I wear scrubs to work, it makes it so easy. Its my days off that I am looking less than put together due to my current lack of wardrobe.

Andi
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:46am

I hear ya Andi...It's hot still where I live and I am really struggling to find something to put on my body! I need to get some prego clothes..but where and I HOPE soon the weather cools down because the hot weather is not doing me much good!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:46am

I hear ya Andi...It's hot still where I live and I am really struggling to find something to put on my body! I need to get some prego clothes..but where and I HOPE soon the weather cools down because the hot weather is not doing me much good!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:12am
i have a bunch of stuff loaned/given to me from friends, then i've bought several things from macy's (carries motherhood and pea in the pod). i try to hit up their clearance racks, which are usually quite full and thankfully have a lot of the XS stuff i need. i'm 26 weeks and still having a hard time fitting into maternity pants. they're almost always too baggy in the butt and hips. scrubs for work sounds heavenly!
after moving to the new house, i still have one suitcase left to unpack labeled "larger maternity clothes" and i'm guessing i might start to fit into some of those things soon?
i haven't tried ann taylor loft, but i think i'll have to check it out. only 3 months left, but i feel so much better when i'm dressed well!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:18am

I bought several tops that were on sale a month or two ago and now they are startin to get tight over the belly, what sort of person only grows to this size (I'm not even 6 months yet). Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a few more to last til the end, or maybe once I finish work in 5 weeks I'll just live in my pjs and never leave the house!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 6:57am
Oh that stinks. I am so grateful that it is only in the 50s here now. I hate the heat and cant find any clothes I like to wear in it even when I'm not pregnant, Haha.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:58pm
Yeah I went there and Old Navy. I hate that most stores have taken out the maternity section or have only like 2 small racks.

Jen, I got maternity scrubs tops and bottoms just so they would last me through the pregnancy. I only bought 2 pair so I do laundry a lot, lol.

My other issue is its still high 90's here and I was hoping to wait to only buy stuff once it cools down. I got two tees at ON yest that were on clearance for $6, of course only one color was in my size or i would have stocked up.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:54am

Do you have a Motherhood store near you? I think they're a chain or you can probably order online from them, they are amazing! my grandmother went out and bought me a bunch of maternity clothes because I've been crying about the fact even my sweats are leaving indents in my sides, lol.  She signed me up for their club thing too so they gave me a bunch of free certificates for slings, carseat covers, etc.  And in the bag they put a NUK binkie, so now I have my baby's first binkie :smileyhappy: its cute.  The clothes are seriously better then my regular clothes, haha.  The other day I was wearing them and I said to my boss, "how sad is it, I look more stylish in my maternity clothes?". Their prices arnt too rough either, still more than I'd normally spend on clothes, but they were the best prices around. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:44am
I completely agree! Getting to wear scubs is a life saver! But now that I'm in 3T the bigger scrubs I bought aren't cutting it and I'll have to buy a few maternity scrub tops...yuck. Lol. At least the bottoms will still be comfy

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005