First trimester is lonely

iVillage Member
First trimester is lonely
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 10:39pm
I feel really alone in my feelings right now. I haven't told family or friends, but I think I was just outed in front of my mother-in-law for ordering a virgin drink. :smileysad: Of all people, I don't want her to know first.

DH will talk, of course, but he doesn't know all the jitters and fears and questions of being the one who is pregnant.

Anyone else ever feel alone in this process so far?
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 4:04pm

I always feel super lonely when pregnant.  When my bff became pregnant with her first, the first I told was, "You might feel like no one cares about you once in awhile, you might very lonely, or like your friends are all annoyed with you.  It's totally normal (and not true!)"  Sure enough, by her 12th wk she called me crying her eyes out.  It's some evil trick our hormones play on us.  

I've been leaning on these EC message boards since having my 2nd.  They are great place to find understanding and good company.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:31am
Thanks, MissMandy. It feels good already just to have a place to write it out. I do hope to get to know everyone better.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:26am
I felt this way with my first. And I was soo blessed to connect with such a great group on woman here on ivillage that were so experienced and understood an helped me (well we helped each other) through it. These girls are now my BFFs and I had met up with several of them and others I talk to via phone or text on a regular basis. These same girls have walked with my over the past few months of TTC and now all my pregnancy relates things... So blessed.

Hopefully you can create some bonds here that will help you too :smileyhappy:. Ask anything no matter how silly... We have all been there! ((hugs))