First cheer competition!!

iVillage Member
First cheer competition!!
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:54pm

Yesterday was Braska's first cheer competition.  she was a little overwhelmed at times, but she did great!   Today, they did an exhibition open house and showed their routines to a crowd of our local DS group and other friends and family.  It's amazing to see how far she's come!!!    I never would have believed THIS when she was born!  

braskastunt1.jpg
She is on a special needs squad. Full uniforms, routines, buddies for each athlete.  All started by a 16-year-old cheerleader who has a heart for kids with special needs.  She (coach) now serves on the national board for special needs cheer, while being a college cheerleader.  We're proud of her!

And my younger one Kinlee is also on a squad.... she and Braska are the smallest ones, so they're up high alot! :smileyhappy:
kikistunt2.jpg

Here's my two girls with a friend in the middle... the friend has DS too, Mosaic DS.  She's only 5 months older than Braska.  But she's much bigger! :smileyhappy:
braskazephkiki.jpg

Just had to share. I'm so proud!

RK
AKA Braska's mom

Nebraska Larae 11/21/06 DS
--AV canal repair 2/28/07
--G-button 9/10/07
--Glasses 12/24/07
--Ear Tubes 05/06/2010
Kinlee Carene 02/09/09

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:22pm
How cute they all are!! I'm pretty impressed that Kinlee is able to do that, that takes a lot of guts!

That is so awesome that the cheerleader is so involved with the squad, and a great experience for them all.