Side jobs

iVillage Member
Side jobs
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:43am

As most of you know, I teach in a parochial school and as a result, take a significant paycut compared to my DH. I've done pet sitting and photography on the side, as well as some IT contract work from home, but have not had many leads in any of those areas this year. I would like to earn a little money on the side to help make up for my lack of income and also save up for some special things without dipping into our savings.

Do any of you have a side job that you do from home nights/weekends? My biggest skill would probably be database management but in general, I have excellent attention to detail, I'm a super speller, and very organized.

It's so hard to tell what work-from-home ads are legit on the internet so rather trust good people like you gals!

Thanks for reading! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:15pm
Christine, I do editing and writing from home, and I just started teaching a college course online. Since you have a Masters degree, you might be able to find a college that needs adjuncts online!

Good luck.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:34pm
Hey Christine! Thought I would tell you a bit about It Works! Global, I signed up a few months ago- and it really is an awesome company to work for :smileyhappy:. It is a direct sales company, but there is nowhere near the amount of people selling it like 31, Avon, Scentsy, etc. (I believe there are only 10,000 distributors worldwide, )And the best part about it is that you are changing peoples lives, by making they feel and look better. You can make anywhere from $70-$3,000 a month, depending on how much you want to make and how much time you want to put into it. Right now there is a one time enrollment fee of $99, ( it is usually $199), and with that you receive a full box of body wraps ( you can sell those at $25 a piece and make your money back right away), It Works! Global marketing info, Blitz Cards, Handouts, etc, and your own website/store free for 30 days ($20 a month after that, but that is how people will buy from you for the most part). Message me if you want more info. This company is making staying home with my babies so much easier!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:49am
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

An opportunity presented itself to me to become a 31 Consultant so I'm going that route. Still getting everything setup but I booked my first show last night and am super excited! And my DH has been super supportive so that's an added bonus!

PM me if you'd like the link to my personal 31 page. Super cute and very reasonably priced stuff for women of all ages! :-)

iVillage Member
In reply to: erica812
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:35am
Good for you, Christine! I sold Creative Memories for several years. I'm not much of a sales woman, but it was fun. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: hubbswifey
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 5:08pm
I do itWorks too! :smileyhappy: Its easy and cheap to get started.