Ok...who's exercising?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Ok...who's exercising?
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 5:12am

Now that the first trimester is passing or has passed for us, how many people are taking to exercising?  I want to but can't kick my lazy tail in the rear to get it going?  And I don't really know what I want to do.  There are many hills here and I walk up these hills three times a day (going and back again) to drop off and pick up my kids to school so I guess that kinda counts as exercise. Anyone doing any formal exercising this pregnancy?  If so, what's your routine?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:05pm
i'm not but i have every intention to get on board lol. the ms had just subsided when we were getting ready to move and now im busy unpacking and such so i haven't really had the time or energy but now that the weather is cooling down i'd like to at least get myself taking my 2yr old on walks every day, maby get out and hit the tennis courts with the hubby if im feeling extra energetic lol
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:57pm

I too am in the category of "I plan to, but haven't yet"......I just can't kick this exhaustion which makes it hard to exercise.  If I got up early in the morning I could probably do it, but that would mean going to bed even earlier than I currently do....and I'm not sure that's possible.

When I finally get into gear I will likely use the eliptical and/or treadmill as those are the machines we have in our house.  My big problem with my last pregnancy was I was having trouble gaining weight and I hated the idea of burning more calories than I "needed" to.  I only gained 18lbs with my DD......so we'll see if weight gain is an issue this time around and how that impacts my exercising (given my body size I should fall into the 25-30lb weight gain category).

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:05pm

The closest I've gotten is asking DH to take the elyptical machine out and put it be the TV for me before he left to go out of town.  It still has not been used.  Now that the weather is finally cooler my intention is to walk a lot more however it isn't happening yet.  Fortunately I haven't gained any weight yet with the pregnancy but I know if I don't start exercising soon the LBs will start packing on!

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 1:04am

I'm back stretching and using the Wii. I've always considered most of the Wii games as "exercise lite." Perfect for what I need right now, and lots of built in breaks so I don't get too out of breath.

winter 2010 siggy