Limbs falling asleep...argh!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Limbs falling asleep...argh!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 5:15am

Whenever I put my weight on any of my limbs (arms, hands, feet, or legs) they fall asleep if I remain that way for 5 mins or more.  I've never had this with my previous pregnancies (though I am overweight with this one and wasn't with the others).  Does this spell trouble?  I have my next appointment in about a week and a half.  Plan on asking my midwife about it then unless you ladies think I should call her sooner?  Opinions please.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 8:58am
Our bodies have a huge increase in fluid volume which is probably what is causing the problem--I would mention it to your midwife but it's probably very normal. I wake up with my arms asleep all the time at night from laying on them

Alice

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:24am

I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel with pregnancy #4 and not with any of the others.  I found that sleeping in a wrist brace kept my arms from going numb while I slept.  My hands would go numb while I drove if I held onto the steering wheel too tightly.  As for other limbs, I never experienced anything out of the ordinary in that regard.  I'd still mention it to your dr.

Photobucket