Daily Chatter 10-8-12
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 6:54am

Morning.

Brrrrr, its cold!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:27am
I'm tired today. I slept really well, but not long enough.

Alexis is home sick. :smileymad: She's had this cold, but today of all days she thinks she needs to stay home. Grrrrr. They have their first choir concert tonight. She knows I'm not happy about this. I'm trying to talk her into letting my dad take her at noon.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:49am
Good morning, everyone. Sorry I didn't post this weekend. I thought about it, but typing on the iPhone isn't my fave. :smileysad:

Andrea, any news on your uncle? How was camp?

Wendi, are you sleeping in today, since there's no school/work? I hope you're feeling completely better by now!

Laura, sorry about the friend's mom annoying you over the weekend. Some people are just habitually late, I guess. How's Calla's injured foot today? I hope you convinced Lacey to go to school today. Is the smoke (and fire) gone by now? Poor Tess. Good luck talking to the vet and making decisions. :smileysad:

Lori - ((HUGS)). I just can't imagine how hard this is to go through. Is the nurse still coming regularly?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:57am

Our weekend was fine. All the usual family complaints. :smileyhappy: I realized this weekend that being with my family isn't like "coming home" to me. I just don't feel that peaceful feeling that I think a lot of people feel with family. I do feel that when we get together with my aunts and uncles on my dad's side, but that's about the only group of family that I really feel "homey" with (of course, I include my dad with the aunts and uncles).

My brother literally didn't clean up at all for visitors. That's so weird to me. You know you're having company - why not spend 15 minutes picking up? I'm not asking for mopped floors or a spotless anything. I wanted to take a picture of his couch - it was COVERED in papers, CDs, toys, backpacks, etc. I mean covered. Now, he has seating for 8 people if you jam together. There were 9 of us there. But the 4-person couch was covered in everything, so you couldn't sit on it. One bathroom (the main/hall one) had at least 5 pairs of HIS dirty boxers and some dirty socks on the floor. The other had a step ladder and an empty duffel bag in it (among other things). I just don't understand why someone wouldn't at least pile all their crap "somewhere" or straighten into piles. I mean, I guess I don't even have to straighten up around here before my parents get here. Even if we leave all the garage sale stuff in the guest bedroom (where it is now), that bedroom looks a bit neater than the bedroom my parents slept in at my brother's house. Wow. Maybe he just feels so comfortable with "family" that he doesn't think he should make an effort?

Allison cried (off and on) most of the way home yesterday - she was just so sad to leave her cousins (especially the younger one). She just had that sad/heartbroken look on her face and kept asking us to go back to Georgia. So sad! :smileysad: (It was a short visit with them, and we don't expect to see them again during this grandparent trip.)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:06am
Thanks for thinking of me this morning. No, I don't feel better. Anyone have any suggestions? I mean, I am better than I was but I am not completely better. I feel stuck; not worse, not better. I guess I get to close my eyes and choose a doctor today. Sigh.

And I have SOOOO much to do!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:29am
Aw Wendi, sorry you're not feeling better.

Laura, I hope you can get it to see the vet. This cant be an easy thing. :smileysad: I hope Lacey didn't give you too much trouble going to school.

Hilarie, is this your full brother? Half? Step? The whole family thing is hitting me kinda hard right now. I'm so afraid my brother is going to move away if something happens to my mom. I will encourage him not to, as he's my only "full" sibling and I'd miss him a lot. But...he's only back here the last few years because of my mom's and grandpa's health. :smileysad:

I had someone come in to check on the lunch proceedures (not a staff person here). The head cook told them I'm overwhelmed with the new check in proceedure. (I'm checking the kids in now) Um, nope, I'm not at all. Its going fine. They wondered if I'd be ok doing it on a netbook in the near future, and I said I'm up for whatever. So... Communication---really, is it necessary? Everyone seems to know what everyone else is thinking. Geesh!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 5:21pm
Oh, my goodness! Relief! I don't know why but it popped in my head to try some Pepcid. It worked! My tummy muscles are so sore but my tummy itself is not upset anymore. All I can figure is I was nervous, on top of worried, on top of anxious. I'm going to double up on it for a couple days and give my digestive system a break.

Lori, did Alexis end up going to school this afternoon? You have a great DB! It's always the tough times when you really get to know people. I wish we had an electronic lunch system. They are so awesome!

Laura, I totally agree ... stupid cancer!! Hugs to you and we'll be thinking of you when you're at the vet today.

Hilarie, maybe your brother thought your not company so he didn't need to tidy up any. Could he be depressed or anything where he doesn't care how it looks? I imagine he's probably so busy, too. Did you say something to him?

I made myself get my hair done today. I had no choice since pictures are Thursday. By the time we got there, I felt much better so I got to enjoy it. I had it frosted and she cut it and styled it a bit like the Long Island Medium, but a lot more tame, less poof. :smileyhappy: T also had his hair cut. It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. I wasn't going to the salon AND the barber in one day. Some other guys came in and had their hair cut while we were there. It made him feel better. He thought it was for ladies only like the barber is for men only.

I have recently realized we do not have all of our Halloween decorations! Oh, the horror! :smileyhappy: I used to only have two bins for all of it but recently it has grown into three, plus I had to separate out all of the autumn stuff and give it it's own bin. Now I think either some was packed with other things or I used a fourth bin! I don't know that I want to look for it either.

OK, I need to bust a move and get some work done here (vacuuming, mail sorting, put stuff away) before DH gets home and before we leave for scouts.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:57pm
The concert was fantastic! I love love love that the elite guys and girls choirs are combined this year. Thats how it was when I was in school. They were really really good. And our choir is up over 100 kids this year, and they were good too. (Some of those kids are only in there because the only thing offered that period (opposite lunch) is choir or studyhall, so they pick choir to goof around. But they sang tonight, and it was good.

Laura, I hope you got a plan figured out after going to the vets. Sorry the smoke is back.

Wendi, glad you found something to make you feel better. I STILL need my hair done in the worst way. Ugh!

I kinda have a heavy chest and cough tonight. Hope its nothing. We cant get sick. Someone has to take care of my mom. And no, Alexis didnt go to school. Her boyfriend was actually at a kid's house with his brother in town after school, so he walked up here to see her. I ended up feeding him because he had to go to the next town to get his stuff for the concert, then all the way back to school and there was no way he was going to have time to eat. (His brother was at a friend's house playing video games and he's the driver, lol.) I thought she might still go to the concert, but no.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:34pm
Wow, Lori, she must really not feel good if she didn't go to the concert. Hope she feels better tomorrow!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:28am
Morning everyone,

We got home yesterday afternoon. The weekend was nice a little overcast in the mornings, but the sun came out by the afternoon each day. The fall colors were just beautiful though!!

Today is our 13th anniversary - I don't think I even have a card!! Not that we usually do much of anything, maybe I'll run to the bookstore at lunch and see if they have any cards.

Wendi, glad the pepcid finally did the trick!! Yay to a haircut too!!

Laura, How did it go at the vet? I hope it's not too bad.

Hilarie, Sorry Allison was so sad to leave her cousins - at least you are a lot closer than you used to be? I have to agree about the cleaning up though, I always try to clean up at least the public areas when company comes- family or not. I guess it just depends on the person.

Lori, Hope your' feeling okay this morning, do you think you're coming down with what Alexis has?

Oh I forgot to update on my Uncle, he's off everything but oxygen, and he should get out of ICU today. According to my Mom and Dad his personality is back to his old joking style so he must be feeling better. The final diagnosis is COPD as well as emphysema. He now has a pulmonologist who will help him. I guess he will have to go to the Dr three times a week for treatment and he's not allowed to go up and down stairs and absolutely no smoking he's not even allowed to be near anyone who smokes. So I'm going to preach for one minute and then I'll be done - I don't think any of you guys smoke, but according to his Dr all of this is specifically because of smoking - so it could have all been avoided! Keep that in mind and pass it on tho the kids/loved ones. Okay I'm done.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:14am
Wendi, I'm glad the Pepcid helped! Yay for getting your hair done, too. LOL to T at the salon. At least there were some other guys there.

Lori, it's my step-brother. But we were raised together from 4 years old, and it's the only sibling I've ever had. So, real enough. But we've never been super-close. We're always friendly and can pick up and talk whenever, but sometimes we go months between phone calls.

Lori, sorry Alexis wasn't feeling well enough for the choir concert! I hope you're not going to get sick, too! Weird about them not just asking YOU how it was going so you could give your own opinion. I agree, though - tell them you need an iPad! :smileyhappy:

Andrea, I hope your weekend was fun. That's neat that the leaves are changing already - I bet it's pretty up there. (I miss that - doesn't really happen here.) Two of my biological grandparents died from smoking-related ailments. (Not a couple - one of each couple.) The other two both died from cancer, so I wonder if that could have been related to the smoking, too (but not lung cancer, so probably not, I guess). I'm always shocked when people smoke, when we all know how bad it is for us! (Allison's new troop leader smokes. I assume she won't do it around the girls, but it's still weird to me!)

Laura, I hope the vet visit went okay...

Pages