Monday Check In!!

iVillage Member
Monday Check In!!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:38am

It's really coming quickly, ladies!!  We might not have many more check-ins without baby questions!  Whoop!

How far along are you this week?

Any signs of impending labor?

Do you see your doc/midwife this week?

If baby came today, are you ready?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally?

What are you concerned about?

What are you looking forward to this week?

Anything fun on the calendar this week?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:46am

How far along are you this week? 33w2d this Monday.

Any signs of impending labor? No.  I just know that it's coming soon. 

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? No.  My doc is pretty relaxed up to 36 weeks.  As long as I don't need him, he's happy to leave me alone.  I won't go back for another two weeks.

If baby came today, are you ready? I should have defined "ready."  Yes, physically.  I'm so tired and this is getting so difficult to carry around.  Emotionally, I'm probably ready, too.  Mentally - WHO IS EVER READY TO DEAL WITH POOP AND SCREAMING?!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? I'm alright, I guess.  I'm so tired that everything is exacerbated and that is sort of frustrating.  DH is annyoing my one second and the next, I'm more in love than ever.  It's really cliche.  Physically, I'm very uncomfortable.  I'm as big as a house and I have horrible acid reflux.  Plus my boobs feel like they are hanging to my knees and getting full already. 

What are you concerned about? At this point, I'm concerned that this girl will show up before my mother in law can arrive to take care of our older two children!  My DS is adamant that HE can care for his sister if the need arises, but we just don't feel like that's a burden we should give to a near 13 year old in such a touchy time.  We are working on our back-ups, but my kids are pretty closed minded about who they want watching them. 

What are you looking forward to this week? My son has a football game.  We always enjoy watching him play.  He's trying and learning so much.  We're very proud.  Also, it's one more week of pregnancy to check off!

Anything fun on the calendar this week?  No, not really.  I'm trying to really clean my house.  It's taking forever, so I might have about 30% of it done by the end of the week...is that fun??

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:01am
How far along are you this week? +36 weeks

Any signs of impending labor? an insane amount of pressure on my cervix (pelvis seems to be numb to it now) and bh are happening alot and much more like the real thing (ie starting at top and moving down c/w pain and weekness into the legs). They are still infrequent (several times a day but no real pattern) but getting powerful. I am also feeling the tell tale emotional signs that it won't be much longer (extreme exhaustion, disengaged from everything, can't focus on anything, thoughts / actions are mostly internally focused)

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? Next appt is thursday

If baby came today, are you ready? As ready as I will be

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? tired, tired, tired

What are you concerned about? making it through each day

What are you looking forward to this week? nothing really, maybe my birthday

Anything fun on the calendar this week? not really, maybe my birthday (tho I don't have much energy for fun)

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:23am

How far along are you this week? 35 weeks tomorrow! 4 more weeks to induction (hopefully), or better yet, I'd LOVE to go into labor on my own during week 38.

Any signs of impending labor? Unfortunately, no. Not that I want to go into labor now, but I'd like some signs that my body is at least thinking about it.

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? Wednesday. I have my Group B Strep test, along with HIV, syphilis, Chlamydia, etc... You'd think an old married woman could get out of all of that (minus the GBS), but evidently, anything is possible :smileyvery-happy:

If baby came today, are you ready? SO ready! I have my shower on the 20th, so I'd like to get through that first, but we have everything important that we need. Plus, I'm just so excited to meet this little guy, I can hardly stand it!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? I'm pretty gripy these days. I've had to apologize a lot lately. My poor family!

What are you concerned about? The baby being huge. That's really about it.

What are you looking forward to this week? Nothing much!

Anything fun on the calendar this week? Nope! 

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:03pm

How far along are you this week? 33 weeks on Thursday

Any signs of impending labor? Not that I can tell!

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? Nope, I'm in between weeks.

If baby came today, are you ready? Not really, but we could be with a minor bit of scrambling and a trip to Target.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? Not feeling as depressed but I'm still getting little waves of sadness for some reason. I have to be more careful these days about my movements. Trying not to pull any muscles or injure myself trying to do things the way I did prepregnancy.

What are you concerned about? Taking care of a newborn without DH. Having the baby without DH (logistically and emotionally). I know it'll all work out but I'm not the best at dealing with uncertainty and unknowns.

What are you looking forward to this week? My baby shower is on Saturday!

Anything fun on the calendar this week? Baby shower. Other than that, my week is open. I need to practice with my camera so that I'm able to take decent photos of Isaac, especially for DH. 

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:14pm

How far along are you this week? 35 wks. 2 days

Any signs of impending labor? Nothing that makes me want to run in to the doctor's office today, but I've been having more BH contractions (up to 3/hour some days) and increased pelvic pressure on a very regular basis. No imminent signs though to my knowledge.

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? No, unless contractions and pressure continue on at the same rate. I might have been trying to do too much this weekend. If it continues, I may request the doctor check up on me this week.

If baby came today, are you ready? No! I need him to stay in until after his big sister's birthday party on the 20th. PLEASE!! We would make due if he comes earlier, but it would not be ideal in any way.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over, but I know he's not ready yet, so I want him to take the time he needs to develop properly and be a healthy little guy when he comes out. But I am just sooo ready to be done. I've never had the kinds of pain and discomfort with my first as I have with this guy.

What are you concerned about? Labor in the middle of the night and all the logistics. Who's going to watch DD, dogs, etc. Other than that, how big this baby will be is definitely on my mind.

What are you looking forward to this week?  Getting to work on so many things that need to be done over the next couple of weeks.

Anything fun on the calendar this week?  Not really.  Last week was supposed to be my fun week, but ended up being my stressful/busy week.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:18pm

How far along are you this week? 34 weeks!!

Any signs of impending labor? Just 15-20 min every now and then of severe back pain/ uterine pain that does is not relieved by switching positions. I had three episodes of it yesterday.

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? Yes, down to my last two appointments before my c-section!! We also are meeting the pediatrician this week!

If baby came today, are you ready? Yes and no, the car seat is installed and everything is set up and washed, but I really don't want her to come until my mom get back into the state on the 28th. My c-section day is the perfect day for her to come since I have a lot going on that week including a tour of the c-section rooms at the hospital.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? Terrible on all three fronts. Too much going on and I just can't think straight. 

What are you concerned about? My cervix starting to dilate and bleeding out before we can get to the hospital. And all the u/s being wrong, me not having placenta previa and having a c-section for nothing.

What are you looking forward to this week? The appointments and getting my FINAL , until the baby comes, shipment of cloth diapers in the mail!! 

Anything fun on the calendar this week? Just the appointments

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:24pm

How far along are you this week?  34 weeks tomorrow!

Any signs of impending labor?  I can tell she has dropped some, and I have had lots of BH. Nothing that really makes me think soon

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? yep on wednesday!

If baby came today, are you ready?  I could make it work, but not as ready as I want. I am washing the carseat lining as we speak! Still need some sheets and stuff for the bassinet

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally?  I am getting anxious and moody as a result. It's mainly because I feel like there is so much to do, and the not knowing if I could have baby today or 6 weeks from now is hard for me to handle.

What are you concerned about?  Main concern is knowing true labor early enough to get to the hospital. I mean I didn't get there at 10cm last time. It was still quick for me, and I keep worrying about it.

What are you looking forward to this week?  doc appt on wednesday

Anything fun on the calendar this week?  this weekend we are taking a day trip to the pumpkin patch about 2 hrs away...that's about it

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:39pm

How far along are you this week? I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday!

Any signs of impending labor? No! :-(

Do you see your doc/midwife this week? Yes, I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon, and she said I'll be going weekly from here on out.

If baby came today, are you ready? Aside from the car seat (I swear, we'll get it eventually!) and the curtains that need to be hung in her room, we are all ready for her to come!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically/mentally? Impatient would be the word of the week for me! I am just so ready to meet her! Physically, I am just uncomfortable. Aside from the normal late pregnancy stuff, I've been dealing with being sick for the last week. It started as a flu-like virus, then settled into my sinuses, and now the congestion has found its way to my chest and doesn't want to leave. I'm so tired of coughing, it's not even funny! Hopefully this will all pass in the next couple of days though.

What are you concerned about? Still concerned about the timing of this little one's arrival and what we're going to do with the kids when she comes, but I'm just telling myself it's going to be a wait and see kind of thing.

What are you looking forward to this week? Wednesday, because I get to hear LO's heart beat again and also because DH will be home most of the day, and I haven't seen much of him at all over the past couple of weeks.

Anything fun on the calendar this week? We're hoping to go out to the state fair on Sunday, which is always a blast for the whole family!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 6:49pm

And in true pregnant woman fashion, I decided after I posted about still needing to hang curtains that it needed to be done soon, like today! So I went out, bought the curtains and rods, and came home to hang them up! Ha ha. One less thing to do before she gets here :smileyhappy:

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 4:11pm
gafirewife wrote:

And in true pregnant woman fashion, I decided after I posted about still needing to hang curtains that it needed to be done soon, like today! So I went out, bought the curtains and rods, and came home to hang them up! Ha ha. One less thing to do before she gets here :smileyhappy:

Lol! That's something I need to do too! 

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40