Taking comfort here.

iVillage Member
Taking comfort here.
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:07am

Hi all.

I am glad this board is here.  I'm 39, just about 40 when this little one arrives  We have been trying for #3 for over 3 years.  With that frustration; those struggles; an existing, busy family and my age, I felt some other boards had too many reckloose, 20-somethings for me to relate.  So I hope to get to know some "mature" ladies here.  :smileywink:  lol.

A little background, we tried Clomid and other fertility drugs at times over the years with no success.  I kept thinking "this time is it", or "this time it'll happen".  Why not when all my tests were normal.  Over time,got used to it just not happening. We decided to do IUI as our one last attempt at another baby.  It was a surprise to find out that we're PG!  I'm almost 5 1/2 weeks and it still doesn't really seem real.  

P.S. - thanks for your response, Wendy, you are somethin' with those naturally occuring triplets!  How has DD been adjusting?

Morrow1.png Sig picture by beansand

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:57pm

I really do hope to see you again.  Don't be a stranger!

I'm so very sorry to  hear your news, but please know you aren't alone and that it does happen to so many of of us. 

Hugs

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:59pm
Hi Wendy. Just letting you know in case you wonder where I went. The u/s today showed it wasn't growing anymore. Have to talk to DH to see if we'll continue ttc. Thanks for your fun posts! Your family is beautiful!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:17am
Yes, we'll adjust. It made me feel better during one of my early panicky days, when I asked my 10 yr old son if he'd rather have a puppy (we'd been talking about it) or another brother or sister (won't tell the kids 'til 2nd T), he pleaded for another sibling. He suggested we run to the adoption agency right now! DD is indifferent. *sigh* Every time I see a contest for a family of 4 to win something, I think, that's not us anymore! :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:21pm

I felt that same way as well.  I wanted another baby so badly..  we only had our one daughter and I was so hopeful that I could give her a sibling. 

We had our routine..  she was growing up and month after month my DH and I were thinking maybe it just wasnt meant to be.  We were starting to realise that life would be just the three of us and that was ok, that we would plan Disney trips and holidays. 

When I got that BFP I was so thrilled and omg...   and then I thought "have I messed up...  have I messed our perfect little family up?"  Little did I know at that point I was about to double our family!  I was just shocked and confused about the news that we were preggo.

When we found out it was three..  we were speechless..   floored.  I laughed and cried for a few days.  We knew we wouldn't "selectively reduce" (which is what they recommended), and agreed that we would do this as a team.. the three of us and we would include my daughter in every step.. good and bad.  If it didn't work out, she would know... if there were troubles or there were milestones.. she would be involved in every second.  I think that helped mentally for me to deal with the change that was happening.   

Wendy

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:20am
Your "holy moly" description is exactly what I what I was thinking when I woke up in a panic that first night we got the BFP. I felt like I messed up our little family and things wouldn't be just as they were anymore. It would now get hard and complicated. But, alas, that is why we were TTC. It's not easy and the hard part doesn't last forever. We got the rest of our lives to be boring and old, right? :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:07pm

I'm so excited to have another mum here! :smileyhappy:  Thrilled for you... HUGE CONGRATS on your wonderful news.  I know oh so well how it feels to want something so badly and feel that disappointment every month...  year after year.  So take a deep breath and enjoy this ride.  I had forgotten how tired you get.  So nap a little more and pamper yourself.  Remember that the morning sickness doesn't last forever...  that your feet won't be swollen like that permanently..  that heartburn and hemorrhoids happen..   That at the end of it all you'll be holding your lil gorgeous one. :smileyhappy:   (I had forgotten all of the above!) 

Thanks :smileyhappy:  We feel like "somethin"..   holy moly most days.  We finally (knock on wood) have them sleeping from midnight till 7:30am!  all of them!  omg.. did I just jinx myself?  eeek.  hope not.   anyway..   life's interesting...  and chaotic and amazing and smelly and spitty and loud and milky and .... brilliant :smileyhappy:  I have 3 healthy gorgeous babes and life's good.  They're 4 months old now and up on their elbows checking out the world (aka the living room).

Wendy