Happy Columbus and Thanksgivng Days!

iVillage Member
Happy Columbus and Thanksgivng Days!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:14am
Happy Thanksgiving/Columbus Day :smileyhappy: Did your college student have the day off? Have they checked in recently? How was your weekend? Staying warm? :smileyhappy:If you’re in Canada, today is Thanksgiving. We wish them all a good holiday and the time to enjoy their families and all the stuff that goes with the holiday. :smileyhappy:Here in the U.S., it’s Columbus Day, and some folks— including banks and federal workers — get the day off.  (Not so with my County's Public Schools.) For some people, including a number of Native Americans, the celebration of the arrival of European settlers in the West is problematic. :smileyhappy:Whether or not you celebrate or have the day off, have a nice day.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 2:58pm

Awww, how lovely!

I'm the shortest except for 12yo DS, and he'll pass me by in a couple of years I'm sure.  The older ones are 5'6" and 5'7".  DH is 6'1" and the shorty of his family, so odds are good DS will be tall too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:11am

You DO look short, Theresa.  Nice photos!

You're an inch taller than I am at 5'5", and I wear mostly flats, too--just gave away my hardly-worn shoes with 2" heels.  Except for my mom, I've been the shortest for most of my life.  With a Nov birthday I was younger and shorter than my classmates until I started catching up at age 14.  Both my sisters are 5'9", height that I wish I had when reaching for things on that top shelf in the kitchen. DS29 was always a shrimp (5th %ile) until his growth spurt at age 17-18; he's now 5'10", same as DH.  DS23 is 5'11.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:32am
Great family picture, Theresa! I've been the shortest in my family for a long time. I'm almost 5'3" and dh is not quite 6'. The boys both stopped at about 5'9". Not overly tall for guys but they make me look short!
Pam
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 12:30pm

haha - thanks, Jean!  I am leaning forward ever so slightly, which makes me look much shorter than I really am (or I'm getting old and shrinking, but I prefer to blame it on leaning forward).

Pam - too funny.... I guess everything is relative because I always imagined from the picture that your boys were well over 6 feet. You're so petite that you make them look really tall!!  And my dh is so tall that he makes me look really short.  At least he makes he feel thin, too, lol! Now ds12 is a tad taller than me and weighs FORTY pounds fewer. UGH. Does that child have hollow bones? I mean, I'm not heavy, right, so it *must* be him....... :smileywink:

Pages