Good Monday morning!

iVillage Member
Good Monday morning!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:22am

I am mommyofthezoo! I really am! LOL I live with my husband of 18 yrs, our dd11, ds4, dd3, a beagle, 2 cats and a gazillion (or so it seems) fish. I also babysit so I have bonus kids around all the time. I also have to dog or cat sit on occassion as well. LOL My home is one of noise and laughter and stepping on tales and over toys. I am a sahm and am working towards SSI disability, which can take a few years but ya got start somewhere. 

The reason I responded to the next steps thread is that I lost my first mom to colon/liver cancer in 85, my father has had many bouts of skin cancer over the last 10 yrs (mostly on his face/head) and my second mom has had bladder cancer 5 times. I lost an aunt ot breast cancer back in the early 90s and another aunt is ws just Dxed with a very aggressive cancer that may give her as long as 6 mo to live. I am no stranger to cancer. I look at it positively though. For my biomom it was 6 weeks from Dx to burial. It was fast. The Lord had to take her some way because I needed my second mom to finish the job of making me the woman I am today. All of their cancers help keep me in check from thinking it can't happen to me because it is obvious that it can. I

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:36am
Hi there zoo mom ;O)
Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself. I hope you feel comfortable enough to join in our other discussions too. If I do say so myself, we're pretty friendly here. So please join in.

I see you have a lot going on at home, that's fun. You must be very organized. Where do you live? As I read on, you've been through a lot in your life with your loved ones. I'm glad to hear that you stay positive and that you keep yourself as healthy as you can because yes, it can happen to anyone (())

I'm Suzan, I live in Germany with my dh of 32 years. My ds and dil are expecting their first child hmmmmmm on Thursday, so we're excited. They have an English cocker spaniel named Coffee or"diva dog" who spends much of her time here with us. Hope to talk to you soon....
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:07pm
mommyofthezoo wrote:

I am mommyofthezoo! I really am! LOL I live with my husband of 18 yrs, our dd11, ds4, dd3, a beagle, 2 cats and a gazillion (or so it seems) fish. I also babysit so I have bonus kids around all the time. I also have to dog or cat sit on occassion as well. LOL My home is one of noise and laughter and stepping on tales and over toys. I am a sahm and am working towards SSI disability, which can take a few years but ya got start somewhere. 

The reason I responded to the next steps thread is that I lost my first mom to colon/liver cancer in 85, my father has had many bouts of skin cancer over the last 10 yrs (mostly on his face/head) and my second mom has had bladder cancer 5 times. I lost an aunt ot breast cancer back in the early 90s and another aunt is ws just Dxed with a very aggressive cancer that may give her as long as 6 mo to live. I am no stranger to cancer. I look at it positively though. For my biomom it was 6 weeks from Dx to burial. It was fast. The Lord had to take her some way because I needed my second mom to finish the job of making me the woman I am today. All of their cancers help keep me in check from thinking it can't happen to me because it is obvious that it can. I

You really do have a zoo! I just have one snooty cat and a husband (not snooty, lol) at home now. My dd has a beagle. They're a funny, sweet dog.

Cancer certainly has touched your life! I'm sorry for all the people you've lost because of it.  My mom had breast cancer twice, although she didn't die of it, and my father had a bout of skin cancer. Luckily that was caught early. One of my brothers in law died several years ago of prostate cancer. Sometimes I wonder if there is more cancer in the world now, or if we're just better at diagnosing it? 

I'm trying to be postitive about my thyroid cancer. I know it could be much worse and I pray it doesn't get any worse than this, but mainly I'm annoyed with it, lol. It was supposed to be all taken out with the thyroid a year ago!  I hate loose ends, lol.