How are you doing?

How is your little one doing?

Any issues?

Are you getting any sleep?

Anything you want to add?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:03pm

How are you doing? I'm doing the insanity thing right now. Drama Queen 2 year old...and Little man with a plethora of issues these days. Everyone wonders how I am holding it all together...but there are days that I think we have our "groove" back..and days that I feel like the life has been sucked outta me!! I love my babies.....but shriveling up in a corner sounds inviting some days.

How is your little one doing? He has been hospitalized twice now for his RSV....at 7 weeks old....he is still battling it, but his lungs are beginning to clear up some. He has a hernia...... double ear infections....AND screams bloody murder about 12-14 hours a day. He has severe reflux....on meds and trying the 6th formula now..... Hoping this one works. He is up 3 lbs from birth.....so now he weighs in at 8.6 lbs....and has grown almost 3 inches!!

Any issues? My uterus prolapsed. But had a saline ultrasound today and it is looking so much better. The doctor even said my uterus was looking the best it has in years! LOL. There are plenty of issues.......plenty. But we take things one day at a time.

Are you getting any sleep? My DD was sleepign through the night by now...but little man can only eat 2-3 ounces per feed...and even still pukes a good bit of it up.....so essentially...he wakes starving..every 2-4 hours. I guess...all in all.... between feeds and his screaming fits...I get about 5 hours a night.

Anything you want to add? This little "troll" is giving me a run for my money!!! On top of all else that he has going on...I suspect he may be the worst case of colic I ever experienced!!! But.....still, I'm madly in love. Tired, bitchy...but in love.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:54pm

Hugs, Lindsay.  I still love your positive attitude, despite all the setbacks. 

How are you doing?  Overall, pretty good.  I yell far too much at the older ones that ultimately "should know better."  My ds is a typical 2 year old and I'm now realizing that had he started walking before we got pregnant this last time, he would have been a wonderful form of birth control, lol.  Jamilyn is a very content and easy going baby.  Thank goodness!  Dh is working away during the week so I'm greatly outnumbered on weekdays.

How is your little one doing?  After a slow start with gaining, she's chunking right out.  She's over 9 lbs now and is filling in nicely.  She's a very good baby.

Any issues?  Other than the slow start to gaining and the fact she's hard to burp (which leads to spitting up), not really.

Are you getting any sleep?  That's debatable.  Jamilyn has feeding frenzies that start between 4-6pm and have her permanently attached to my boob until she finally goes down for the night around 10pm.  After that, she may sleep anywhere from 1-5 hours at a stretch, though she's often awake for an hour some nights.

Anything you want to add?  I had intentions of cloth diapering, but I've gotten a slow start.  Anyone else plan on but hasn't yet started?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:43am

Oh Lindsay, hugs to you! And I thought I was having a rough time! I sure hope things are better for you soon.

As for me...

How am I doing? I also have a drama queen 2 year old that has been making me a little (okay, a lot) crazy. When she's good, life is good, when she's throwing the mother of all tantrums I feel like I'm not going to make it. Physically I'm good though. Mentally fried but physically good.

My little guy is doing good, though he did develop reflux and appears to have a milk allergy (which means no dairy for me since I'm breastfeeding). :smileysad: He's gaining weight and is almost 10 lbs now but his reflux is making him very fitful and fussy. He's on meds but so far it's not helping too much. It stinks because when he's having a particularly bad episode there is absolutely nothing that can be done to fix him.

No real issues, though I do have some lingering tailbone pain that is proving bothersome. I have to sit real gently sometimes. I had my 6 week checkup today and was told I'd just have to wait it out. Everything else looking good though. All healed up and ready to go... as soon as I get my IUD that is!

Sleep? What's that? My little guy still wakes every 2-3 hours to eat. Sometimes I'll get lucky and he'll sleep for a 4 hour stretch but that doesn't happen very often. He likes to party once he's up too, which means it can take 1-2 hours to get him back down. It's a good night when I get 4-5 hours of sleep.

I'll add that I'm thrilled with my little family, despite our issues. My DD may be a terror sometimes, but she's been doing really well with potty training and loves her little brother. DS may not let me sleep, but he sure is a cutie. DH... well, he's DH and I love him for it. :smileywink: Hoping to get my groove back soon, get back to running regularly, and planning for my first post-baby marathon in 2013. Woot!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:37pm

Cindy, it sounds like you need some cloth diaper cuteness to motivate you! I've posted some pics below of Brody in his cloth dipes. :smileywink: I've been using cloth on him since he was about 2 weeks old, but I also cloth diapered DD so it wasn't a big leap for me. Have you used cloth before?

ETA: Wow, I really need to update my signature!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 3:56pm

OMG..He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO friggin cute!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:38am

How are you doing?  Sleep?  What's sleep?  My baby boy is growing so well but as he is exclusively breastfed, the longest stretch he ever goes when he has a good night is 4 hours.  My mom is here for a visit and has been here almost a month and she has been awesome.  She sends me for a nap almost daily to help me get caught up on rest, pours me water to drink when I'm feeding babe and makes sure I get enough to eat every day.  She's also been doing all the laundry and helping keep things clean around here.  I dread when she leaves and all this is up to me again!

How is your little one doing?  Gaining like a pro.  When we left the hospital, he was nursing with nipple shields which I hated.  It was a necessary evil at the time because they wouldn't let us go from the NICU until he was nursing on his own and gaining and he wouldn't latch without the shield.  My mom helped encourage and since she's been here, we were able to wean away from using the shield.  He is nursing like a pro, smiling and following faces and voices.  He can almost hold his head up all by himself and is so strong!  He goes for his first shots tomorrow :smileysad:

Any issues?  I am so totally disappointed that this past week I started bleeding with what I think is my period.  Bummer!!  Like, how did I get so lucky as to get my period at 8 weeks despite exclusive breastfeeding and no pacifiers?

Are you getting any sleep?  Ha ha ha ha!  See paragraph 1, apparently too sleep deprived to notice an entire question devoted to sleep.

Anything you want to add?  I love my little boy more than I thought possible.  We just got back the proofs from a photo shoot when he was 5 weeks old and totally love all of them.  We are getting four to do a little gallery on the wall and chose some for close family as well.  Excited to get them up and show him off!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers