would you?

iVillage Member
would you?
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:12am

a simple question for the wives out there. if you could have completely no strings sex and be absolutely certain you wouldn't get caught, would you cheat?

a couple points, you are also guaranteed that the sex would be mind blowing and the partner would have all of your dream qualities, whatever they may be (handsome/caring/attentive/large penis/amazing oral skills, etc.).

thanks.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:28pm
No, I would know and the guilt would kill me. Also I am a devout Catholic and couldn't face God if I did. (I hope I don't sound too preachy but I am speaking only for myself and not judging anyone who answered differently.)
Karin W
iVillage Member
In reply to: irwinr89
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 3:51pm

hmm....biologically, yes we are all wired to, but morally its unlikely. you could say the same thing about endulging in any pleasure, not just sex....such as "if you would never gain any weight, etc ,etc...would you eat all day long large burgers and hot dogs, etc ,etc "......

your question takes out the moral aspects, but leaves only the biological ones hence most people will fall for the indulgence.......however, we are not primates and thankfully our pre-frontal cortex of the brain has evolved  much faster than the old and unchanging biological wiring based survival and spread of genes....

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 2:48pm
Yes .. boring sex life ... Spice it up
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 8:30pm

I believe 95% of the world would under those circumstances. If my wife was going to and it was a one time fantasy type thing, I would love to watch to see if i could pick up any pointers. I know im good , but i always want to get better. Only fantasy though, otherwise i have to hurt someone. lol but totaly serious

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 8:31pm

I believe 95% of the world would under those circumstances. If my wife was going to and it was a one time fantasy type thing, I would love to watch to see if i could pick up any pointers. I know im good , but i always want to get better. Only fantasy though, otherwise i have to hurt someone. lol but totaly serious

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 12:38pm

My reply:

Q: What do you call an intelligent, good looking, sensitive man?

A: A rumor

iVillage Member
In reply to: Marriar
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 3:50am

No never in 30 years so why now, I guess I'm a old fashion marriage vow middle age  women. No man can make me disrespect my commitment to God, because Adultery is divorce. It is not OK for me I'm not saying for anyone else. Even my husband I don't know what he do 24 hour per day  I can only have faith he would feel like me fantasy or reality in cheating.

Marriar USA

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 6:56pm

I dont think I could it sounds good and all but as much as I love my fiance I would feel extremely guilty afterwards keeping somthing like that....I guess it really depends on the person ask me 5 years ago in the begining of the relationship then sure most deff but not now.

Alexis

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 9:06am

Hmmm. I have never been married but was engaged to a man and raised our child with him for five years so, in my eyes, we were pretty much hitched. Prior to that relationship, I had cheated on former SO's but only when the relationship was souring and they didn't want to let go. That's no excuse for my dishonest behavior, but it is a partial reason. However, once I agreed to marry my fiance, I committed myself to him in every way with the intention of spending the rest of my life with him and once our child arrived, I felt doubly so. Those were the five crappiest years of my life, relationship-wise. I was miserable with him. But I never cheated because he wasn't just some BF easily disposed of or replaced. So, no, I don't think I would betray the man I choose to grow old with. Why bother with marriage at all if you're so easily tempted? Then again, ask me after 20 years of marriage and I might be singing a different song, lol.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 3:14pm

As a man, I would hope that I wouldn't, but the circumstances might alter that plan.  Afterwards I would definitely feel massive guilt and whether or not that would reveal my deed, I would still know what I did.