Accountability - Oct. 8

iVillage Member
Accountability - Oct. 8
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:17pm

Everyone must be busy!  (Or had too much fun over the weekend)?  :smileytongue:

I thought I would get this started.  Did you stick to your plans?

I worked this weekend, so other than some $70 of grocery and household stuff, nothing spent.  Pretty frugal.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:05pm

I stayed on budget and on task for the weekend!

I had a $6 splurge on a box of corn dogs for my DD but that was it!  Makes me appreciate the fact that I pay the extra $25 a month for a family membership at my work, DD loves the pool and it keeps her busy for at least an hour!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 2:35pm
We had a good week last week. I got myself and my boys flu shots--$0 out of pocket. Spent $93 on groceries for this week (Friday is my shopping day). Went to the arboretum on Saturday as planned. Spent $50 on food/treats but we had a wonderful time, so I'm trying not to beat myself up about that too much. Used cash that was set aside for a fun day. Oh, and on a money-saving note, I decided to switch my cat to only 1/2 can of food per day. He was getting one of those small sized cans every morning, but he wouldn't always eat it all, so I decided he could survive on half a can. He gets dry food whenever he wants it, so he's not starving and he's not complaining about the smaller portion. I can't believe it took me soo long to figure that simple money-saver out!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:00pm

Saturday I cleaned out the garage so I could once again park inside out of the weather.  Now all I need is my remote for the garage door out of the car my son has borrowed.  Cost....a back ache from being on my feet too long. I still need to clean off some shelves and wash the windows but maybe next weekend. 

Sunday I moved some of my outdoor plants in for the winter.  Why?  Mainly because I like them so much and to keep from having to purchase more for next year.  Time like this make we dream of that small green house I have always wanted.  I brushed the horse and promised the dogs I'd work them in later this week.  It was cool Sunday, only in the 50's and even colder today.  The season of fall is definately here.  

DH spend some money on chicken scratch and gave away another 3 dozen eggs.  I could have easily paid for their food if he had charged the $2 a dozen I was asking.  Oh well...    He also picked up a few things at the grocery store and gave me $20 so I could stay out of the Christmas money I have put back.  Diesel and food are eating up so much of our budget these days.  I did fix a large pot of soup that we will eat on most of the week.  I'm sick of spending so much money at the store each week.  It just doesn't go as far as it once did.  

Happy week everyone! 

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:15pm

We had a good weekend, we were invited to a big steak fry up at a cabin, so I made peanut butter/chocolate bars with ingredients I had on hand.  I did beans in the crockpot on Sat & made refried beans for burritoes, we froze about 10 extra after we ate so that can cover lunches this week.  The beans came from my bean farmer friend...yay for cheap meals!!  I am going to try a new recipe in the crockpot tomorrow, chicken breasts, carrots, potatoes & bottled italian dressing...sounds really yummy!  We will be able to put $250 in EF this Fri, so that is my goal for the month for savings.  Then any extra needs to be put on some new doctor bills we have coming in this month. 

Have a good & frugal fall week!

cindylee

Community Leader
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 5:47pm
I think the only money I spent was $17 on dinner Saturday night. Me and SO split a meal and added a salad. He never does that!

And $6.00 on coffee for the two us.

And just the cost of the gas it took to get back and forth to our concert.

Cupboards are getting bare, though!
Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:37pm

We had a good weekend. I spent about  $20 more than I wanted to at a local fair but had a nice time. We went to family for dinner for Thanksgiving and cleaned up the basement a bit. Not too spendy over here.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:53am
Pretty good here!

$40 for 3 bottles of wine (hostess gifts for the two Thanksgiving Dinners we went to) and $12 for take out one day when we ran out of time.

I also went to the grocery store and spend $15 on yogurt, bread and OJ, but continue to eat out of the pantry as much as possible (its AMAZING how much I spend on food!!!)
I got a mani-pedi yesterday and paid for the tip (I used my gift card from ages ago, so that was nice).

All in all a pretty good weekend. I didn't have to take money out of the bank for my weekly allowance so I was able to put it on the LOC.

Bex -