HOLY HIP PAIN.

iVillage Member
HOLY HIP PAIN.
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:27pm

Okay, I know that hip pain is normal once our hips start doing the spread but holy cow it hurts! It has started much earlier this time around and I can't seem to find any relief at night. I do the pillow between my knees and ankles and one under my belly but I hate to say, it hasn't helped. The only thing that somewhat helps is laying on my belly or back and neither are possible right now. Grrr.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:52pm

Oh man, I hear ya.. The one thing that seems to help me is if DH rubs my hips and low back. Can you bribe yours? haha.. Or maybe get a heating pad or hot water bottle that you can take to bed with you? 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 2:53pm
That's exactly what I do! I flip flop all night long. It's so exhausting..

Amber, that helps for a couple hours but I find it most painful after 3am. I've been taking baths before bed and it seems to relax my muscles enough to fall asleep but as soon as I'm out of a deep sleep or have to get up to use the bathroom, I'm doomed. BUT... only 19 more weeks :smileyvery-happy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:41pm

I know what you mean!  It bothered me much worse with my son later one but I think that was because I carried him so low.  It was so bad that I just wanted to cry sometimes and I always smelled like icy hot because that was about the only thing that I found that could help ease it some.  This go 'round it's more of a steady dull ache that starts in the evenings.  My SO will rub my hips for me when he notices that I wince when I get up from the couch or have a hard time getting comfortable when we go to bed.  That usually helps me get to sleep.  I just really hope that it doesn't get as bad as it did last time, but if it does I still have a nice supply of ice hot from the last time so I'm prepared!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:46pm
I'm going to have to get some of that. I didn't even think about using it!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:23pm

I was just complaining about this the other day. I flip and flop and turn and rearrange a million times a night. On top of it half the time my hips are okay but I'm hot so I move to find a cooler spot then my hips can't get comfortable. Seriously I was up for 3 hours last night just moving around trying to a comfortable way to sleep.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:06pm
Sorry you girls are hurting. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I toss and turn at night but not due to pain. Feel better.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 2:12pm
I'm right there with you. On top of not being able to sleep, I can't be on my feet for more than 10 minutes without my hips killing me.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 4:42pm
I hear you. At night it gets very uncomfortable where I am having to move from one side to the next. I tried the pillow between the legs and that does not work for very long either. What does give me some relief is sometimes just getting on my elbows and knees (in bed) and just arching my spine upward (breathing in) and then fllattening my back and arching it downward (breathing out). Pregnancy yoga move I learned that alleviates some pressure off the hips. Baby seems to like it too.