Any creative types out there?

iVillage Member
Any creative types out there?
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:35pm
I'm trying to come up with a piggy bank type thing for Megan. We want to get her started saving money for a school trip to Italy summer after next and I'm thinking that if she has a place to keep the money separate from her spending money it will be easier and less tempting to spend it. I was hoping to make it something physical (unlike a bank account) so she could see it grow and be able to count it once in a while to see her progress. A trip to a paint-it-yourself store? A replica of The Leaning Tower of Pisa?
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:29pm
Like!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 2:22pm
So do I... At least my spare change. I also have an accordian-style coupon organizer that I have labeled and keep the cash to covere longer term expenses (quarterly expenses, Christmas, back to school, etc.) there. Keeps the money out of the bank account where dh is likely to spend it, not on completely frivolous things but on the less important things. It's harder to eat out on a whim when there isn't much in the account.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:58pm
You're going to laugh. Zeph keeps his money in a large ziploc baggie in his closet!