Are you painting baby's room?

iVillage Member
Are you painting baby's room?
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 2:18pm

Are you painting a room for your baby?  If so, what color?

I really want to paint my baby's room pink, because it's my first girl! :smileyhappy: Right now the color is a light beige and I feel like it's kind of boring.  The problem, is that I really want to put this decal up in the room:

http://www.amazon.com/ROOMMATES-RMK1555GM-Spring-Blossom-Stick/dp/B004NNVKUO/ref=pd_cp_hi_2

I bought it today at Target.  But I'm not sure it will look good on a pink wall...if it will show up enough and if it will just be TOO much pink.  KWIM?  Thoughts?  I wish they had one in white, but they don't.  And I don't want to spend a lot more than that...I've seen lots of white trees online but they are like $85.  This one is only $17.  Thoughts?

Oh, and if you have a nice shade of light pink in your house, let me know the name of the paint!  :smileyhappy:

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:24am
You could always do what they did in the picture of your bedding set & paint the bottom part of the wall pink, put up a chair rail & then put a nice off white up top so that the leaves will show up. :smileyhappy: Love that set by the way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:56am

I'm a little jealous of everyone's nursery plans!  This poor baby won't have a nursery, he or she will just be bunking up with someone for a while.  The baby will be in our room the first few months, and then after that, we have to figure out the room situation based on if the baby is a boy or a girl.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:57am
I'm with you Heidi. I won't get to redecorate but on the bright side, it's a lot less stressful!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:29am

No nursery here either. But I'm okay with that. I really want aden & anais swaddler blankets this time but they are kind of pricey. So I figure if I'm not doing a big nursery set I can spend more on the things I really want. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 9:13pm

I agree with whoever said put up the chair rail :smileyhappy:  Leave the top beige and paint your pink bottom :smileyhappy: 

I don't have a lot of nursery work to do.  My 4 year old is still in the nursery and we are in the process of painting his big boy airplane themed bedroom.  Then the baby will go in his current room which is still in perfect nursery state.  It has a light green top half of the wall, then white chair rail middle & the bottom is dark green.  Perfect since we were team green with him & then again this time. 

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 7:40am

I finally settled on nursery themes. At first, I really wanted to do arctic animals (polar bears, penguins, etc) because it was my second choice for Toby's nursery (he ended up with monkeys because that was his nickname before he was born). For a girl, I was going to put pink tutus on the animals, make a pink tutu crib skirt and night table, etc. For a boy, obviously, those things would be a little more boy-ish. Either way, I was going to have fabric applique snowflakes on a light blue wall. BUT, I couldn't find things I like to pull it all together. So, here's the new plan.

Girl, Molly: Lollypops (aka Mollypops) in bright  (no pastels) pink, purple, and a little green. Make a tutu crib skirt and night table skirt in pink (probably with purple & green accents). Paint at least one wall in pink, purple, and green strips of varying widths. Fabric wall appliques in coordinating candy (like lollypops). And, if I can manage it, a custom upholstered rocking chair to coordinate.

Boy, Oliver: Ever heard of Oliver tractors? That's the theme. Little to no paint required, but there will be lots of fabric wall appliques of tractors, fields, and farm animals. Thinking of making a crib skirt that makes it look like the crib is a red barn opening underneath. Same for the night table. And if we pick up a crib for cheap, I just might be refinish it in a barn red stain.

Now I just have to wait until October 23 to start (since my u/s is October 22).

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 7:48am
Oh, I forgot to mention that the playroom is getting a makeover, too. Toby's room just got a big-boy dinosaur makeover in July (but he rejected the full-size big boy bed and went back to his converted-crib toddler bed, thus the need to buy a new crib), so I don't want to re-do his bedroom again quite yet. But, we've yet to really decorate his play room, so he's getting some additional storage because his train collections have spilled over into the block storage, and the blocks have spilled into the lego storage, and so on.... In addition to the additional storage, I'm going to try to paint the base of his train table and maybe even replace the play top since it has some scars from when we hot-glued the tracks down when he was younger. And, since the play room is actually the dining room (we have an eat-in kitchen big enough to accommodate our table for 6, so that's where the dining table actually is), there's a chair rail. So, there's going to be a fabric applique train running around the entire room. The paint color will stay the same because the room connects to the living room and kitchen, so we want to keep it coordinating.

Pages