Not so great appointment.

iVillage Member
Not so great appointment.
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 2:47pm

The good news:  She is still a girl!!!  Yay!  Oh, and she was sucking her thumb while sleeping during the u/s!!!  So cute!  I also did the bloodwork for the Quad-Screen today.

The bad news, my cervix has shortened from a steady 35mm to 26mm in two weeks.  :smileysad:  They called their high risk doctor in to consult with me.  Lets just say I cried a bunch while I was there.  I'm not eligible for a cerclage any more like I was with last DS because of all the contractions.  Instead, I'm still on modified bedrest, with weekly u/s until 24 weeks.  Viability is at 24 weeks, and when I reach that point, we don't know what will happen....could be complete bedrest or hospital bedrest.  :smileysad:   Please say a prayer for baby Josilynn and I.  Thanks in advance!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 5:43pm

Mary I will definately be keeping you in my thoughts!  Do you have family nearby that can help you out a bit?  I'm sure that would be super helpful.

On a brighter note....so cute to hear that she was sucking her thumb during the ultrasound. 

P&PT's for you!!!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:17pm

Praying for you and baby girl. I agree with Dani, is there anyone that can help you out some? I'm sure it sucks going through this.We are here for support always.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:44pm

Thank you ladies.  I do have help.  =)  My husband and mom are doing everything around the house.  Of course they both work full time, so I still have to take care of the kids during the day.  Luckily two of them are school aged.  :smileywink:  I started knitting the baby a blanket, and since I'm out of yarn until tomorrow night, I have borrowed a book from a friend.  I'm not a lazy person, so this has been, and will be a very long 4.5 months.  I know it's for the best, and the ultimate prize is a healthy, full term baby.  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 1:01am

Sending prayers that you won't need complete bedrest!  Glad to hear you have some help! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 2:34pm

I am so sorry you have to worry about this! Take it easy, we will all have our babies before we know it even though day to day it seems to take forever. Yay for a healthy baby!

Amy

Mason, Dylan, Logan