Finally moving in!!!

iVillage Member
Finally moving in!!!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:04pm

I am finally moving in with my boyfriend of almost 6 years!!!.  My daughter finally graduated from high school and started college this fall.  I have been in a long distance relationship and I am the one moving out.  Sad, but excited at the same time.  My boyfriend has been in his house for years and when I move in I want to be able to make his house my own too, like maybe some redecorating but not much maybe re-paint a room be able to put up pictures etc.   I don't want to feel like a visitor, I want it to feel homey to me too.  Any suggestions on what to tell him?  I know he will say whatever I want to do I can, I just don't want to push it.  I don't want to make it all girly but just want to feel at home

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:15am
Perfect place to start!! I just have to remember not to make it too girly!!! Thank you!
Community Leader
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:10am
Congratulations! Maybe you could start with the bedroom since it will be a space that is really just for the two of you. Then from there you could possibly start to put your touches on other rooms.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 5:25pm

Thank you!!! It feels like it took forever, but i wanted to make sure my baby girl got settled and is ok before i leave.  That is most important.  That is a very good idea then it will feel like he is helping me adjust to my new home too!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:24pm

COngratualtions, I am happy for you (and a whole lot jealous!!!) Why don;t you start by remodeling some rooms together, even if its minor, like painting?