Sure is quiet in here - how about a roll call?

iVillage Member
Sure is quiet in here - how about a roll call?
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:34pm

Let's do a roll call. Odsters, newbies, lurkers - tell us as much or little about yourself and your teens as you feel comfortable sharing. And the 'bonus question': Does your local high school have a fall Homecoming weekend (parade/football game/dance).

I'm Pam in small town central IL. Married to dh for 29 1/2 years. Our boys are 22 and 25 but I started lurking on this board when my oldest was about 12 and was the cl for several years so it's near and dear to my heart. Older ds is in his 2nd year of med school, younger ds lives at home and is at the local community college. This is his 3rd attempt at college and we're hoping the third time's the charm!:smileytongue:

Football is a huge thing in our small town and the high school homecoming was a couple weeks ago. Parade Friday afternoon, game Friday night (which we won), and the dance was Saturday night. I've not actually been back to a game since ds22 was a high school sophomore. My boys were both bandos and we'd go to the home games til half time to see them perform. Ds22 quit after his sophomore year so consequently that was our last time going to the high school football game!

Pam

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:34pm

I'm Lisa and I live with my DH, 2 sons (ages 13 and 9), and 2 cats in Louisiana. 

Football is a huge thing around here too. My kids aren't old enough to have their own Homecoming yet but I have fond memories of going out to the games, dinner, and dances with my friends and our dates. Man, sometimes it seems like just yesterday and other times, it seems like another lifetime ago!

Lisa 

Pages