the Asiatics are moved!

Community Leader
the Asiatics are moved!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:34pm

Yesterday BF and I dug out 7-8 privet hedges and hauled them to the curb.  Dug up several Rose of Sharon trees and spread them out through the landscape.  And dug up my immensely overcrowded Asiatic lilies and moved them to a large bed in the back yard.  

And we sharpened my manual reel mower so I am good to be green for the rest of the fall. 

A cold front is moving in and we could have our first frost tonight.  It's early this year, but I think it's just a temporary swing and not a precedent.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:05am
Well it is 52 here right now..LOL and in a minute ( after second cup of coffee...no wait I think third)..I am off to clean out the "large"flower garden..LOL...lots of Lady's mantel ( anyone want any? LOL )...it has taken over and needs to be thinned...also cutting back the black eyed susan...yarrow...and whatever else is down there..it is done for the season. the tree above the garden has dropped all its leaves, which is strange for that tree...hope it is not sick...so I need to clean out the garden so I can blow out the leaves sometiems this week! Sooo if yu need me ..that is where I will be fore the next 3 hrs..hahah...thats abt as long as I last outside anymore...

Valentine Bingo               

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:06am
yikes..that is a LOT of moving around...especially bushes...lots of work...! we have ONE rose of Sharon..lol...a purple one. what color(s) are yours?

Valentine Bingo               

Community Leader
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:43pm

I have some white ones, some pink ones, and some purple ones.  Happy trees!

Photobucket