How long did it take to get first booking? How often do you go to castings? How often do the book?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
How long did it take to get first booking? How often do you go to castings? How often do the book?
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:30pm
I'm just wondering how long did it take for each mom to get an actual booking for there Child? How many casting calls did you have to go to before your child was booked? How many times has your child book and in what time span? Just anxious and wondering. Thanks.
iVillage Member

This is a tough question to answer because everyone is different.  Some people go an entire season without booking.  Others book their first casting.  We were lucky and booked our second casting and had a few bookings after that.  Last season was good for us.  But this season is realllllllyyyyy SLOW.  How many castings you go on will depend on what that particular client is looking for.  Some clients request a specific height and size.  If you dont fit the requirements than you dont get asked to go. The important thing is DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.   Your agent chose to represent you, because they think your child has potential.  If not they wouldnt bother with you.   GOOD LUCK!!  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member

It may just be a size issue.    But this season for us has been really slow.  I'm hoping it gets busy soon.  Last season it was busier after January.   :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member

Kid #1:  booked 2nd casting, books at least monthly

Kid #2:  didn't book for at least 12- 15 castings, books a few times a year

So there you go--who knows!

iVillage Member
Also why do I always see the same kids booking on FB?? What's their secret...lol
iVillage Member
My dd is in the category of a few times a year for her first year. She now has a manager so we are hoping to move to the once a month category. Either way, it is days like today when I was able to see her in store signage at a large national retailer that makes it all worthwhile:smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Mozmb were you with a agent before a manager? I thinking about leaving my agent the beginning of next year.
iVillage Member
Yes, we started with a well known botique agency in Miami Beach the summer of 2011 before switching to a manager in March of 2012.
iVillage Member

we are with a small agency in the dallas area..rarely get notices for casting calls...any advice? are you all mmostly in the florida area?