New to Ivillage-cloth diapering mama!

iVillage Member
New to Ivillage-cloth diapering mama!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:45pm

I've been apart of iVillage for a few months not but have not partipated in the forums. I figured the other day I may as well jump right in so here I am. 

I am Jamie. I have five children at home (ages 15, 10, 5, 3, and one year on the 17th). I lean toward the natural/attached ways of parenting. We live in a rural town in the Southern Tier of New York where we own a home, a small business. My first priority is my children and Daddy mans the biz location while I stay home with the kids 5 days out of the week. Two days out of the week-give or take- the kids and I go there so I can work and bake. 

We have three dogs and 2.5 cats; two cats are ours and we have one that's a stray that we feed and care for). 

I've been cloth diapering since our 3 year old was 4 months and our 5 year old was just over two but still in diapers full time. We started CDing our youngest from birth, he was in his first cloth diaper within hours of birth. Currently my three year old wears diapers only at night and my almost one year old is in cloth diapers exclusively. We also use cloth wipes exclusively. 

Looking forward to getting to know the others that post in here! 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:52pm

Jamie,

Welcome!  And hello as a fellow NYer.  I'm upstate also, but around the captial region.  Your life sounds hectic but wonderfully full.  This is not a terribly active board, but there are a few folks who check in regularly.  It's great to have another CD mama in the mix.  I've been cloth diapering my almost 2 year old since birth also and love it!! 

I'm looking forward to learning from you and I'm sure the others here are too!